Day 11 Feeling Super Awful

Lauryn

Hi guys!

I'm on Day 11 and I feel awful. I have a horrible sore throat that won't be consoled with tea or applesauce. I'm so nauseas I can't smell, look at, or even think about food but my stomach is growling. I don't think I'm sick because I have more energy than I'm used to and don't have the whole-body aches that come when I get sick. Any advice?

Ugh, I'm sorry you're sick! You could definitely be coming down with a version of the flu...everyone seems to be getting something. If you can, try some chicken broth. Just make sure you're staying hydrated (ice chips with coconut water is great) and rest as much as you can. It will pass!

Hope you feel better soon.

I will just say that you could still be coming down with something, even without the "tale-tell" signs of a flu virus. I had a headache for days and went to the doctor and found out that I had strep throat. Even though my throat didn't hurt, the illness manifested as headaches. Our bodies react to different things in different ways, and can be awfully creative when it comes to fighting illness. The nausea may be a protective mechanism to avoid irritating your throat, even though there is nothing wrong with your stomach.

I second jennycash in doing what you can to keep dehydration at bay. That can cause a whole slew of problems in and of itself. Try getting some extra rest, or at least relaxing, while trying to push fluids. If nothing else, maybe a trip to your doctor is in order.

I hope you feel better soon!

Archived