Desperately need honey

I am 19 days into a Whole30. I have been very compliant, except that one time I was making my husband's dinner and absent-mindedly licked the spoon I was putting sour cream on his plate with. It's been really easy so far, very few food cravings, and two weeks in I FINALLY like black coffee. It's been rockin' like a like a solid aggregate of one or more minerals.

But now, unfortunately, my whole family has developed a rather nasty cold. My husband's has already turned into a sinus infection. I'm coughing like crazy and having a hard time sleeping at night. I really don't like to take cough meds (mostly because of the junk they put in there) and my normal course of action would be to drink lots of ginger tea with honey and apple cider vinegar with honey, but, obviously, I can't have honey right now. I'm eating a lot of raw garlic to try and kick it, but over the last 4 days it's just gotten worse and worse and I really need something more. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Haha, I actually DON'T like licorice, but I do have some Throat Coat and I've been choking it down. It just seems to numb my throat temporarily, not actually soothe it, but, hey, numb is good at this point. To be honest, I don't really like herbal teas in general. Haha.

As far as bone broth goes, that's a good suggestion but I'm out right now, I fed the last of my supply to my hubs when he started to get sick. And then I forgot about it. I'm going to the butcher tomorrow, I'm gonna get some bones.

I don't like apple cider vinegar much, either, but I took the suggestion to drink just a tsp in a big glass of water. I'll just keep doing that throughout the day and maybe that'll be enough to help. Thanks everyone!

Archived