Made a Decision

heathera

Day 1

about to work out...hating that I have to start over; but that is the reality. It's 4:56 AM. Today I am going to drink this coffee with coconut milk creamer; start a blog, and read 10 pages of personal development.

Then I am going to exercise. I am really going to sweat ... I will complete my 45 minutes of Combat; and do Inner warrior.

Then I will shower, and get ready for work. If I have time I will work on my Step.

I will return the green coffee bean today, and the L-carnitine. I will post my food intake. I will weigh-in on Monday as planned.

Hi Heather. I love your title: Made a decision. Don't know what happened that you're starting over but I have the sense that its given you a firm resolve. That will serve you well.

Interesting time when you were typing your post (4:56). My favorite time is 12:34. Like it when the numbers are in order like that. :)

Terez

Hi Heather. I love your title: Made a decision. Don't know what happened that you're starting over but I have the sense that its given you a firm resolve. That will serve you well.

Interesting time when you were typing your post (4:56). My favorite time is 12:34. Like it when the numbers are in order like that. :)

Terez

LOL...the time thing is cool.

Thank you for your post; I really needed that. :)

Hi Heather! Good luck with your restart... Restarting isn't bad, not focusing on your health at all is bad.... So just keep on keeping on.

How do you like combat? I've thought of doing this.

And what's inner warrior?

Thank you so much. You have no idea how encouraging your words are.

Combat is awesome. (I recorded myself doing it yesterday, and that was some serious motivation.)

the program has three levels you can buy, I think they are warrior, supreme warrior, and ultimate warrior...the ultimate warrior comes with a disc called "inner warrior" ... it is a stretch and strengthen disc...which is typically my least favorite in all the programs I have done...but inner warrior is actually pretty nice; and I don't dread doing it. :) here is a link...

http://bit.ly/SURO2F

Day 2 ... feeling pretty strong this morning, and amazing to me how much water I was carrying. Really focusing on getting a ton of water in my system today, and pushing through all the stuff I want to get done.

* step work

* lay out the project my son has for school, and work on that some with him

* 2 chapters in PUSH, and watch some of the videos

* talk with accountability partners (so excited I have reached out to do this with another person re-starting whole 30, and someone from my combat challenge group)

* exercise (lower body, inner warrior, & combat 60)

* plan meals, make a shopping list, shop, prep some food

* blog

* research some guided meditations

that's a lot for today...we'll see how much I can get done...one thing at a time!

Missed my Day 3 update...had a ton going on with getting kids off to school, work until noon, and went to a new Dr.

She thinks my thyroid is swollen (which is funny 'cause I have always laughed about people saying they have an over active thyroid), but the weird part is that after she squeezed that area...it actually hurt...that's not the right word...felt strange and sensitive for the rest of the evening.

I was also really tired yesterday...and laid on the couch (which I don't ever do) watching tv for most of the evening before going to bed.

Had a few cravings...kept them pretty much at bay.

Also, watched a really interesting movie...Hungry For Change...which my accountability partner hooked me up with...and it is really an important find.

Taking a rest day this morning....having some coffee with coconut cream...and might try to workout this evening rather than taking a rest day.

Day 5

staying on track...really wanted some heavy cream in my coffee this morning...but stuck it out with the coconut milk.

Power was out; and had to go up to the store for coffee...came home and added the coconut milk, and doing my best to drink the booty-coffee here at work with no added coconut milk.

had 1/3 banana and 1/3 sweet potato (really reducing my portions) and a few almonds (few being about 10) for breakfast.

really wanting something right now; but not hungry...so it's a craving.

gonna make some hot tea to try and kill the craving; and get something other than coffee right now.

didn't exercise this morning 'cause the power was out; barely got a hot shower, and came to work with hair in a bun!

still working on figuring out my purpose...do I want to be a yoga instructor, blog about food, the environment, water, etc, and/or go back to school to become a therapist? doing these extra gigs, and going to start the business venture on ebay...keeping fitness in the foreground...but I know when I reach my goal weight that I want to reach for something else.

do I want to paint murals, and/or wood pieces?

what DO I really want to do?! still not sure...they say it's the thing that will make you cry ...

Day 6

I guess all of this is really about personal discovery...and I am searching for my purpose.

I have started this side thing; which I am really loving! I would love to find the thing that can link all of my interests, and my passions.

I guess this "Whole 30 Log" is supposed to be about what I am eating, but I have done that twice now; and really it brings my focus back to the food too much.

Just yesterday, after eating some Hunan Chicken...our power was out, and we had to go to our friend's house to shower...I immediately thought... "What if I get hungry?" "What can I take with me to eat?"

I'm pretty sure that people with healthy attitudes about food, and eating, don't have those types of thoughts. In fact, they might even forget to eat once in awhile.

I remember a time when I would do that....I was on horseback...or I was drawing...or I was playing outside in the woods...mostly by myself...then some "stuff" happened...and somehow I lost what I was holding on to.

anyways...I have certain things I have to do...go to work today...exercise (which I actually love the feeling once I get started)...and I have certain things I want to do...work on these two business ventures...finish my current book...finish the PUSH videos and book....finish my step work on step four...start my quilt...

anyways...three things on the list for the weekend:

* shop for the interfacing

* complete 20 gigs

* purchase chia seeds, parsley, cilantro

I am going to purchase a juicer very soon.

Day 7 I guess! that was fast...didn't even see it passing by...right on target with the timeline...I was feeling the anger on day 5; and yesterday I was very tired.

This morning I have been working on some things; and I am thinking I might even get a 30 minute workout in.

My food is taking a backseat to my spirituality, meditation, and personal development...which is my push goal

I haven't accomplished as much as I would like to this week; and the house is a mess...but I feel really clear.

I also surpassed my goal for weight loss in January...and woke up 9 pounds lighter this morning than I was on January 2nd

Congratulations self!

today is february 2nd...I started on january 26th...so today is day eight (idk why I feel I always need to count the days to be sure!)

yesterday was a good day; not too hungry; not too tired; productive; made a meeting....and last night I slept SO good.

I am weighing myself once a week during this whole 30...I have done two previous where I didn't weigh-in...and this time I need that extra push ; knowing I am weighing in helps me stay accountable - and not overeat. I do NOT suggest that for someone doing their very first Whole 30... NOT weighing in gave me a great amount of freedom; and really changed the way I look at the scale.

Now it is more of a barometer to see if I need to adjust something; rather than a daily reminder of how light; or heavy I am. :)

today's goals....I still haven't finished my Lou Tice book...I really want to get that one done (even though I would like to read it a second time...) so I can devote my focus to PUSH. I used to read two or three at a time...but with everything else...it was a bit too much.

also, I have been forcing myself to break my rules...I've been daydreaming more...taking more time for me in writing online...dreaming about what I really want...and just relaxing.

today I would really like to get in about 15 extra assignments on business venture #1...that would add about $75 to my funds...if I can do 15 today and 15 tomorrow then I'll meet my original goal. I guess I have been doing about 2 a day during the week; but those might be fewer once I finish the ones close by...I'll have to drive to get to these others...and that means working weekends. The plan is to build up some capitol in order to fund business venture #2. eventually, training and educating myself, and growing my wealth enough to fund business venture #3. So exciting actually...

so...today's goals:

* step work

* read Lou Tice book

* blog

* update groups and accountability partners

* make template & cut t-shirts to size

* purchase interfacing at a fabric store

* Complete 15 assignments (that is only three hours-totally doable!)

yesterday was good.

got really hungry around 6-8pm...ate more stew and some applesauce and almods

this morning I am sippin' on a green smoothie and about to have my coffee...ahhhhhh I love mornings.

the sun is just risen; and I am making my grocery list.

I really don't like buying the kids the junk they eat; but I feel like I don't have a choice. I know my son will eat healthy if there is nothing else; but the teenagers will complain and moan about it.

I've been buying just enough to get everyone by...I guess that is the solution...maybe one day they will want to eat healthier.

Monitoring the amount of junk food you buy is a great tactic :) also, I found that with my kids growing up, I would have to make subtle changes along the way. If its just snacks and not meals that are the problem, I wouldn't worry as much. But if its meals, then maybe start slow with them. Start with something they like and make healthier adjustments maybe? It might take time, but every good choice helps!

Good luck with all of your goals, you sound like a busy woman!

Monitoring the amount of junk food you buy is a great tactic :) also, I found that with my kids growing up, I would have to make subtle changes along the way. If its just snacks and not meals that are the problem, I wouldn't worry as much. But if its meals, then maybe start slow with them. Start with something they like and make healthier adjustments maybe? It might take time, but every good choice helps!

Good luck with all of your goals, you sound like a busy woman!

Thank you so much. I have made some healthier choices for them this week; and we'll see how it goes!

I am a busy woman! lol here lately I have been giving myself permission to just relax :)

good morning; and welcome to day 10!

feeling pretty good...not getting in my exercise this morning 'cause we were up late watching the super bowl.

things went well there...had some chicken wings and that was all...no breading; just wings and hot sauce! mmmmm

today I have to work; so some things get pushed back b/c of that...

lunchtime will include dropping off the rent check; and picking up my book from the library.

after work...straight home for 60 minutes of Combat Live...then fix dinner for the team...then I hope to do some step work, and finish the Lou Tice book before bed.

:)

ahhh...here we go...day 11!

yesterday was a pretty good day. Got all my morning routine completed; worked; ran errands during lunch; and took over the television promptly upon arriving home for Combat 60 Live!

Even was astounded when I got some help in the kitchen from my man!

Then....a huge argument erupted between him, and his daughter...which took the remainder of the evening (aside from dinner)...

I guess it had been building for a long time...it was not pleasant though.

Suffice it to say...I did not get any step work done last night; and I did not read my book...I AM taking my book to work with me today; however...even though I may take on an extra assignment during lunch...we'll see.

day 14? hmmmmm...2 weeks in; and feeling pretty good.

still not so much energy for my workouts...but hey; i'll take it

I have always been more of an early morning exerciser...but lately I have changed it up; and seem to be having some good results with working out in the evenings.

made the buckeye brownies for work today...don't even want one...

having a pot luck; hopefully there will be a fruit tray and a veggie tray...add some meat; and voilla ... yummy lunch

if not; then I'll have some almonds and squash with my veggies

working on my personal development has been a major challenge this week

gonna shower and try to write on my step now

morning; and it's saturday...working some ot today; and need to be there by 8:30 am...really wanna go to a meeting at 12:30pm...but I would have to leave work for 1.5 hours and come back for an hour.

also wanna do some other assignments today...so I guess we'll see what happens.

I need at least four hours at work today...so I might just go to the morning meeting tomorrow .

anyways..this log has really become more of a journal for me...

I just got tired of writing what I was eating every day...and it seems easier to just post my daily plans & goals

get to get this workout in now; then head out to the office

:)

Archived