Sleep and HUNGRY on Day 12 - Is My Leptin Completely Messed Up?

LindaLee

I'm on Day 12 and I tried something new...

Breakfast:

4 ounces chicken plus a boatload of veggies - lettuce, cucumbers, mushrooms, celery - with two tablespoons of paleo mayo and some olives.

Lunch:

4 ounces of halibut plus similar boatload of veggies, paleo mayo, and two clementines.

Pre-workout:

1 hard boiled egg plus about 1/2 tablespoon of paleo mayo

Crossfit, which included 2000 meters running plus 55 thrusters

Post-workout:

2 ounces chicken

Dinner:

Salmon cakes with paleo mayo

Mashed broccoli and cauliflower

Apple

I was hungry shortly after I finished breakfast and finally about mid-morning I had a handful of hazelnuts. Hungry shortly after lunch. I drink plenty of water (72+ ounces) and I was still hungry and a little bit distracted. Felt tired going into Crossfit and just not on my game.

I think some of my fatigue might be sleep-related, so I'm going to focus on my sleep routine for the next few nights. I go to sleep fairly quickly (thank you, Natural Calm!) but then I'm up at least two or three times having to go to the bathroom.

I Crossfit four times a week.

I'm worried. I've eaten dreadfully for a long time. I switched to paleo around June-July and saw great results, but couldn't stick with it for a Whole30 - lots of stops and starts. Thanksgiving and Christmas I fell completely off the wagon, and it's taken me until now to really get back into a good food routine. I've lost most of the holiday weight, but still no tiger blood energy, and this hunger. I'm concerned I've completely messed up my leptin and I have no idea when I'm truly hungry!

Any other thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated. I think I'm doing the right thing but then the energy isn't there and I get discouraged.

It sounds to me like you're just making the normal adjustments. Make sure you try increasing your portion sizes at each meal if you're feeling hungry between, have snacks that are protein, veggies and fat, and be patient with yourself and your body. It's common to feel tired, and especially to be off your CF game, during the first half of your W30.

Archived