Rhonda's Whole 30: 6/16 - 7/15

Rhonda

Just finished reading my new copy of "It Starts With Food" - feeling super inspired and ready for another Whole 30! Have already been Primal for over a year, just too many 'treats' and too much dairy lately...experiencing some tummy troubles and breakouts!

age 42, F, 5'7"

start 231 lbs

chest 45

waist 40

hips 49

supplements: fish oil, probiotic, acvinegar and a cinnamon/chromium blend

Finished Wk3 of my 5k plan today - looking forward to noticing changes in my energy and my recovery time! It will be easier as my body lets go of some pounds as well!

Food today:

boiled egg, handful of red grapes

(headed to the store today to get ingredients for some Meal Map creations)

burger with guac, salad w/vinegar

tinaktak - aka Chamorro hamburger helper

(ground beef cooked in coconut milk with green beans, tomato, onion, ginger and garlic)

• Moderators

Good for you.

Your breakfast was too small. Three or four boiled eggs would probably have been a more reasonable portion. The volume of your other meals was less clear, but my concern is that you might eat too little. Eating too little stresses your body and slows weight loss. Be bold and eat plenty!

Just wasn't very hungry that morning - I'm not intentionally limiting myself...promise.

I should also add that I had a small handful of mac nuts after my workout Saturday morning!

Sunday report:

breakfast - broccoli salad and leftover steak

fresh cherries @ the movie theater (finally saw Prometheus!)

lunch - chicken kabobs and sweet potato

dinner - lamb curry stew

workout - hiked 3 miles at Amerson park

Did my Weekly Cooking WOD (ala Melissa Joulwan) and cooked up some ground beef, made meat sauce, baked a spaghetti squash and chopped veggies for the week....I love when I take time to do this, as it saves me so much time and worry during the work week!!

For today:

avocado w/ g beef and salsa for breakfast

leftover lamb stew for lunch

dinner - spaghetti squash with meat sauce

probably some more cherries in there somewhere....love cherry season!

workout - yoga dvd already done

Just ate 2 eggs scrambled with butter for Bfast

Plan for the rest of today:

L - leftover lamb stew

D - ribeye steak and sauteed kale

workout - Did Wk4D1 of my Ease into 5k program this morning - did a SIX minute run!! eek!!! can't believe I didn't pass out or anything!

Just measured my route from this morning - I covered 2 miles!! (round trip)

I have been wondering how I'd ever get to the distance of 5k, but I guess I just need to trust the program!!

Glad I pushed on thru that 6 minute run section!!

also - the kale I made (from the Well-Fed cookbook) was so delicious I ate like half the bunch all by myself!

Plan for today:

blueberry scramble for breakfast

leftover steak and kale for lunch

sweet potato hash (from ISWF) for dinner

workout - bodyweight exercises

Feeling good, not having much cravings - it seems to be more battling of bad habits! (Like telling myself I really don't HAVE to have dark chocolate after dinner).

Feeling good, not having much cravings - it seems to be more battling of bad habits! (Like telling myself I really don't HAVE to have dark chocolate after dinner).

yay for running! have you signed up for a 5K, or are you just doing the program?

i grew up having a dessert every night, so this whole no chocolate thing (even though i've done it before) is rough right now!

yay for running! have you signed up for a 5K, or are you just doing the program?

i grew up having a dessert every night, so this whole no chocolate thing (even though i've done it before) is rough right now!

I've done a few 5k's this year, but just walking - I'm looking forward to running one in July or August! I've been checking the race calendar but haven't chosen one yet....I'll definitely do our local Labor Day Road Race 5k if I don't get one in before then! My 'real' goal is a 10k on November 3....still a long way to go!!

Wk4D2 of the 5k program is done! Looking forward to Saturday when I usually do my 'run' down at the river trail - which is nice and flat, unlike my neighborhood run on Tuesday/Thursday!! According to my app, I did 12min/mile avg today.....no wonder the crawling babies are passing me! LOL - I know I'll get faster with practice.....

Plan for today:

B: leftover sweet potato hash with egg

L: salad with roast chicken etc

D: ham and veg casserole (from the Chowstalker W30 pages)

Plan for today -

B - macadamia nuts and coconut flakes (couldn't figure out anything I wanted to eat this morning)

L - salad with chicken and avocado

D - tinaktak

Looking forward to running on the river trail tomorrow morning!! Much more scenic than my usual neighborhood run.....

plan for today -

Wk4D3 of my 5k plan done - only 4 weeks left!!

B - scrambled eggs and avocado

L - applegate dogs w/slaw

D - ribeye steak, broccoli and squash w/onion

Celebrating one whole week of not taking an afternoon lollipop from the candy basket at work!! one whole week of no ice cream cheats!! One whole week without any wine (or whine!)!! I think I can do this!!

Rhonda - I started on the 17th and am also doing couch to 5k (although a week behind u). I feel so celebratory having a week under my belt. I thought the wine would be so hard but it wasn't! I even went out last night and normally would have had a few. I had soda water with lime all night and the great thing was they probably refilled it 10 times! It felt so great to pop out if bed this morning!

Rhonda - I started on the 17th and am also doing couch to 5k (although a week behind u). I feel so celebratory having a week under my belt. I thought the wine would be so hard but it wasn't! I even went out last night and normally would have had a few. I had soda water with lime all night and the great thing was they probably refilled it 10 times! It felt so great to pop out if bed this morning!

You are so brave, wheelertrio! I just turned down an invite today because I just didn't want to deal with the temptation of everyone drinking around me....maybe next weekend I'll be more confident!

Congratulations on your successful first week!!!

Plan for today - workout will be chores, my house is a wreck!

B - applegate dog with scrambled egg

L - chicken salad

D - salmon cakes - recipe from ISWF

edit: seriously, the salmon cakes are the best I've ever ever made!!!!! I can't believe they got so crisp without messing up the kitchen with oily smoke! so awesome - these are my new favorite!!

tummy is feeling a little wonky today - I thought my salad with chicken at brunch was 'clean' but maybe not? Sometimes I think I really shouldn't eat out EVER.....I always seem to pay for it one way or another....

plan for today:

B - leftover salmon patties and slaw

L - salad with bacon and chicken

D - thai green curry bowl (ISWF)

Yesterday I cooked up a bunch of gf ground beef, made sauce for zucchini spaghetti and baked some chicken breasts - should be all set for some quick dinners this week!

edited to add - now I think the curry is my fave! Bonus: I used up a bunch of veg bits and pieces from last week's CSA box, since my new one was waiting on my doorstep today!

Every time I try a new combo from ISWF it turns out to be my new favorite! I'm starting to think I really can eat like this forever!!

OMG - Wk5D1 of my 5k plan was a KILLER! I was just barely able to push myself thru the last of it....whew! Hard to believe that just a few weeks ago, I could barely run a minute at a time.....now I am able to do FIVE minutes.....it's painful - but I can do it!

Plan for today:

B: scrambled egg and applegate dog

L: leftover green curry

D: bbq chicken and slaw

had a few frozen cherries last night - used to be my fave sweet back in my WW days - I'd forgotten how great a treat those are!

Plan for today -

B - scrambled eggs

L - tuna salad lettuce wraps

D - chicken clafouti (from the Marks Daily Apple site)

got hungry in the late afternoon yesterday...."steamed broccoli and fish" hungry.....didn't have any safe snacks at work but I did have some coconut oil! I stirred a Tbsp of the oil into a cup of tea and it held me over til dinner - yay! packing a bit more lunch today...

woke up with a headache today, so I'm taking a rest day!

food plan:

B - scrambled egg and broccoli

L - leftover curry

D - zucchini noodles and meat sauce

DD coming in tonight for a weekend visit from college - yay!!

Archived