Day 28 mess up

Daisy R

Hey all. today is day 29 of my whole30. Last night at my cousin's house I had some roast pork shoulder aka pernil which she said was seasoned with Goya's sazon. I figured since their adobo was pretty much compliant that the sazon would be also, so I had some. Then today I see that the ingredients for Sazon had MSG listed. I'm so upset! I'm not sure what this means as far as whole30. I'm too upset to start over even though I do want to do another whole30 again soon. But I'm thinking about making this one a whole32 instead. What do you guys think?

• Moderators

I am so sorry you were blindsided by the MSG. MSG is a big trouble maker, but by day 28, I would expect you to have experienced most of the benefits you were going to get in 30 days. Were you feeling good? You could extend a few extra days, but I would not expect the time to make a big difference in your overall impression of the experience. It would just be to give you a feeling of completeness if you want that.

Thanks Tom!! That helped reassure me. I feel great! I love how I feel and how I'm eating, so keeping this up most of the time won't be a problem. I tried not to beat myself up about not having a completely perfect whole30, but I know we're not suppose to strive for a perfect whole30. So thanks again Tom for taking some of that weight off my shoulders :)

Archived