Cookies!!! >:*(

TrayS

Ugh so I haven't struggled with the sugar dragon since beginning my W30 lifestyle about 6 months ago......... until now. It all started this past Friday when I opened a bowl from the fridge that I thought had my cole slaw in it but when I took the foil off it was a giant blob of cookie dough that my husband had apparently made the night before. Needless to say I fell off the wagon (I hadn't eaten any junk since Christmas) and it has continued into today (Monday). My diet otherwise has been fine, just with the cookie dough (and now the cookies) and earlier today I ate a mini Snickers bar too. Crap!!!!! I need to stop!

Just needed to vent...

Vent away sister, we've all been there or somewhere similar. As someone on another thread said if it was easy to defeat it wouldn't be a sugar dragon it would be a sugar kitty :). I swear it lies in wait to get us at our weakest. I've never really had a sweet tooth but about 2 weeks after a W60 I reintroduced the odd square of 85% dark chocolate. This of course escalated and when my daughter returned to uni and left behind a large milk chocolate snowman from my ex-favourite shop I was haunted by it. I haven't eaten dairy for years but found myself sniffing it :ph34r: wondering how much harm it could do. Then I came to my senses, consigned it to the bin and cleaned up my act.

You seem to be a much quicker learner than me, you've already decided you're going to stop so well done.

Kirsteen thanks for the support! Full disclosure, I had another cookie yesterday (but just one!) But I'm continuing to make good choices otherwise, so I'm chalking it up to riding my own bike. So far today I don't want any cookies (but it's only 8 AM, haha). All I can do is take it one day at a time, and I will stop wanting them. In the meantime I blame PMS.

I do wish I could just get rid of the entire bag, but they are my husband's, and I think if I kicked the cookies out he'd go with them. LOL

I'll join you in venting. Right now I'm having a hard time with OPS: Other People's Sugar.

With Valentine's Day this week, there have been a lot of sweets in the house—cookies, cupcakes, chocolate—mostly thanks to my husband and son. I was doing fine with my sugar cravings, but a few stressful days in a row plus just seeing all those treats over and over got the better of me today. One cookie turned into two, which turned into too many. Fortunately, I didn't decide "screw it, I might as well eat everything," and I did a little stress-busting exercise just now.

But dang. This dragon has more heads than I thought...

Archived