Lynne's Whole30 Log - My SELFish Project

Lynnefair

Thanks KelBelle! I can't get over my good moods since I started. Even when something gets me mad, I am able to shake it off or just let it go so much easier. Anyone who knows me knows this is the "old" me coming back after a rough few years in an unhappy marriage.

Lovin' it!

Lynne

Oh boy! Did I jinx myself or what? My kids came home and made me absolutely INSANE!!! Mustard on the carpet! Then a whole bowl of some rice concoction my oldest made was dumped in the SAME spot (after I got it clean of course!) No one was ready for, let alone actually IN, bed at bedtime and I didn't get my workout in due to foul weather and clogged disposal...

Did I mention I had my 3 meals off schedule and was "done" at like 5 p.m. Boy did I want to cheat! Not really. Well, actually if I'm being completely honest I did fantasize about a nice buttery, oaky glass of chardonnay with a dear friend and NO children!!! But that was comfort enough - that day!! ;)

Today is a new day and I have had a great workout and my food is on track for the day... The kids get home in 20 minutes and I am ready!!

Your story really resonates with me, though I'm farther along in the divorce journey. Mine was finalized almost 3.5 years ago. It was absolutely devastating -- like being run over with a bulldozer. I thought I'd hurt forever. I was a walking wound.

But now, I'm living proof that we are all strong enough to survive anything. After all that pain and anger (and a lot of therapy and then an awesome life coach and then some yoga), I emerged: happier and healthier. I even went trick or treating last Halloween with my two kids, their dad, his new wife, and their new baby! And I felt joyful.

Congratulations. And, btw, you're making me crave red wine too!

Day 23

Sleep! I'm sleeping like a log :), but not getting enough :angry:. I feel like it's affecting my progress on this journey. My food is right (choices, amount & fats). I'm exercising more. But I feel a bit lethargic and slow. Legs like lead today (could be yesterday's lunges :P ). I am going to squeeze in a nap today and see if that helps my energy levels.

Killer headache for two days now. Drinking plenty of water, eating fine... Not sure what's going on. Probably hormones... TOM arrived after 60 days.... not loving this aspect of womanhood right now. Broke down and took some ibuprofen, not doing much to help though.

Well, it's DAY 31!!! I did it and am damn proud of myself! It was actually much easier than I thought it would be and I feel terrific. I lost 6.6 lbs and about 2" off my waist! Gotta love that!! I am going to do Dr. Oz's 3-day Detox this weekend, just for variety and to see if I can slap my metabolism in the ass and get things moving just a little faster :P! Technically, it is still Whole30 compliant with healthy fats and no added sugars, grains etc........ but it is a real mix of fruits (which I really didn't eat on my Whole30) and veggies, PLUS there is NO cooking AND hardly any dishes!!! A welcome change. :D

Come Monday, I'll be back to my Whole lifestyle at least through the rest of the month.... I can really see this as a lifestyle I can live with. I have labs scheduled to be drawn next week and a complete physical on the 26th. I'm anxious to see what comes of it all!

I'll be hanging around here at least through the end of my Whole45!

Megan! Yes, regretfully, I did the Oz thing :( and all was good for the first day but then my energy levels and mood plummeted. I had absolutely no motivation or energy yesterday as I returned to the "true" Whole30. And, truth be told, I am typing this after getting up from a THREE hour nap! I had completely finished with naps during my Whole30. Yes, my body knew when it was time for bed but I honestly had no need for naps.

I think my body was looking for the real food and real protein/fat. The Oz thing was FULL of fiber and "cleaned my clock" so-to-speak, but I am just hoping that it didn't wreck my digestion entirely.

I also had HORRIBLE cravings :unsure: yesterday at the grocery store, unlike any I had during the WHOLE 30.

I am full force back on the wagon for God knows how long now!!! :rolleyes:

*** I have to say that I THOROUGHLY enjoyed the break from cooking over the weekend!

:D I'm BACK!!!! :lol:

As I mentioned in my last post, I was feeling the effects of trying Dr. Oz's 3-day Detox after I finished my Whole30. My mood, energy and emotions were in the toilet. Well, after 3 days eating Whole, I am back!! My mood has lifted and my energy level is phenomenal!! I did listen to my body for the last 3 days and napped each day to allow my body to readjust and this morning I woke up with TONS of energy and a much better attitude! Hmmmm, I suppose there's something to this after all! LOL!

Hope everyone's doing great today! I am relieved to say I am again! :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Megan!  Yes, I'm still out here  :)!   I'm wanting to do another Whole30, I felt so good on it.  I'm finding it REALLY hard to get my act together to plan my meals.  I head back to nursing school on Monday and worry about having my stuff together for school & have my lunch packed...   then my three kids return to school and .... 

I look forward to the amazing Whole30 sleep... the anxiety I'm experiencing right now is almost unbearable.   :unsure:

That's great, congratulations. Just do the best you can, I'm sure you will still reap some great benefits. I'm doing my best too, I'd say about 80% clean paleo/whole 9. When I fall off the wagon once a week or so, and I try not to stress too much about oil in restaurants (just too much),

Archived