turkey brine

earthangel077

Hello everyone. I am new to whole30. My husband and I started our whole30 journey yesterday. Last weekend we did a huge trip to the market and picked up a lot of meat so that I could freeze it and have it ready for meals. I picked up a large turkey breast thinking I could roast it over the weekend and use the leftover meat in different kinds of dishes. When I got home I noticed that there was sugar in the brine ingredients that the turkey was sitting in. I immediately took the turkey out of the packaging and washed it really well. I was wondering if this would be a big no-no for the program. Should I just throw it in the back of my freezer and wait until after we are done with our whole30?

• Moderators

The turkey soaks up whatever is in the brine, so your turkey has added sugar. Not much, but enough that it would be best to throw it back in the freezer and hold until you finish your Whole30. During a Whole30, we don't want you worrying about how much is too much, so the standard for added sugar is zero.

Archived