Need an eggs & spinach breakfast recipe...

Purple

I have a huge bunch of spinach that needs to cooked up and eaten. I don't like eating it raw because it leaves a chalky feeling in my mouth.

Does anyone have a good breakfast dish with eggs I could use up this spinach with?

Cheers!

Purple, so not a recipe but one of my fav meals is throw the mushrooms in a hot pan with whatever fat. Then when browned, toss in the spinach and 2 or 3 eggs and scramble. A little spinach liquid collects from the spinach, but that doesn't bother me. You could pre steam the spinach and squeeze the liquid out if you want.

There are lots of egg muffin type recipes floating around but they always seem dry to me.

Thank you so much SLW600, I think I will try that for a quick meal. The extra water from the spinach doesn't bother me either ;)

I was also thinking of maybe making some kind of egg and spinach casserole, like a crustless quiche kind of a thingy, maybe I could add some coconut milk instead of dairy milk to make this quichey-thingy.

I do something similar. Pan fry mushrooms, diced peppers onions, shredded carrots for s few minutes. Toss in a big handful of spinach and cook down completely. Mix in eggs and coconut Milk from the can. Serve with sweet potato hash and throw some blueberries on top.

I did a leftover and egg bake thing like that too! Sauteed onion, leftover slices of portabello mushrooms, added some frozen veggies (still haven't gone grocery shopping for the week), leftover ground beef, greens (mine was feldsalat/lamb's lettuce), then added beaten eggs. I then put it in the oven (400F I think) until cooked through. Just had some for breakfast!

Archived