Seven months post whole30.....

Colleen Roy

Here I am, seven months post whole30. While I certainly don't eat anywhere near as poorly as I did pre-whole30, I'm finding it harder and harder to eat well. I've put on about 8 of the 25 pounds I lost. Part of that is because I couldn't work out due to a knee injury and part is because of my poor choices in the food department...or, in the drink department, which then leads to poor choices in the food department....ugh.

I hit the grocery store after school and play rehearsal. Got home at 6:00pm and did a major cooking WOD. I've got the next two days of all three meals either cooked or prepped to be cooked. No need to grab a ridiculously inadequate chicken Caesar salad from the school cafeteria the next two days. (I have no idea how this is a healthy meal for kids or adults. No lie- it had at least 2 cups of romaine lettuce, 1 oz. of chicken, 2 oz. of croutons and 1 oz. of imitation Parmesan cheese. Really? Yuck. My Korean Beef Salad will be so much better and satisfying.

School vacation starts at 2:15 on Friday. Looks like we are getting another Nor'easter on Saturday....better plan to hit the grocery store Friday after school too....

Korean Beef Salad?? That sounds fascinating. Any chance of sharing the recipe?

Kirsteen-I'm happy to share the recipe! I'm not really sure the name is appropriate, but it's what I call it-it's based on a salad I had a place in Portsmouth, NH called Street 360. All the menu items are based on "local street food" you might find when visiting a foreign country.

Here's what I do:

Brown up some ground beef, onions, garlic and ginger. Pour in a little beef broth, some Chinese 5 Spice powder and some Chili Garlic sauce. Simmer to cook off the liquid. I serve it over some shredded cabbage with thinly sliced red onions, red peppers, scallions with a little bit of Sesame Ginger dressing. I mix up some olive oil, coconut aminos, a dash of sesame oil, chopped ginger and garlic, crushed red pepper and a dash of kosher salt to taste for the dressing.

I don't measure anything when I cook-unless I'm baking! Sorry! I hope that will help you if you want to try it! It's YUMMY and easy!

Archived