Day 3: Why am I starving?! Is it just cravings?

MamaD

• Moderators

Eating good food is not enough. You have to eat enough of it too. Many people treat a Whole30 like Weight Watchers with a different menu and it doesn't work. I'm not saying that is you, but I thought of that sentence and wanted to use it. :)

Make sure you are following the meal template guidelines: http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf If you are hungry, you should eat two palm-size servings of protein per meal and make sure you are getting enough fat.

You might be craving bread, etc., but if you are really hungry, you are almost certainly not eating enough.

We were hungry the first few days and were grazing because we didn't understand the 3 meal thing yet. We added more fat and it helped. We added more protein and that helped. Then, we pretty much doubled our veggies. A few days in, we weren't all that interested in snacking and stayed full for about five hours, until the next meal.

I really get the idea that being hungry is not what this is about at all. Getting enough food at mealtime is a huge part of the success of this plan, from what I can tell so far.

(My blood sugar is a different story. What an adventure!)

You can eat more than three meals if you are truly hungry... But make them compleat template meals and don't graze/ snack... Your body will adjust soon enough...

Coconut milk/ avocados/ olive oil.... Really helps satisfy, make sure you get plenty of good fats

Archived