Eating makes me hungry!

This is silly. As soon as I'm done eating, I'm hungry like my appetite was just lit up rather than satiated. And because I just ate along with all of the preparation, I don't want to give any more time to eating. So I will snack until the next meal. And snacking leads to paleofied misfits.

So #1, is this normal? 2. I feel that I eat plenty along with a good amount of fat. Am I really not eating enough? 3. Or should I ignore the heightened hunger as a behavioral thing, and just train it out of me?

All of this eating. oy.

Well I personally don't feel we should ever actually have to be hungry except before a meal when we're getting ready to eat but without knowing a bit more it's hard to give advice. No it's not normal to feel hungry all the time but without knowing what you eat it's impossible to say if you're eating enough. Until you get into the way of it, some people do suffer cravings but that's a different matter. your meals should be satisfying, not leaving you hungry.

You say you're eating during the preparation so don't want to give more time to eating. Do you mean you're skipping meals? Are you following the meal template? http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

It would help if you had a food log then we could look at exactly what you're eating and maybe give some more advice. Good luck

I thought I was the only one with this experience! I've decided I'm not really hungry - it's just my mixed up body trying to tell me, "Thanks for feeding me." I find that if I get up and walk away, and do something to distract myself (like starting a load of laundry or returning a phone call - not watching TV, reading or surfing the net) then I can usually move on. Sometimes the feeling will return within the hour, and I figure I missed something I needed at my meal, so if I eat something like a few nuts, some leftover veggies, a piece of fruit, then I'm usually fine. Plus, now that I've finished 14 days, it's not happening as often.

Archived