Is kombucha now ALLOWED??

The last time that I officially did a Whole30 (last summer) I specifically remember reading that kombucha was not allowed. The guidelines read something along the lines of "eliminating ALL carbonated beverages, including kombucha". I was just reading an unrelated topic and Moderator Tom mentioned that he drinks a bottle a day. I was shocked and happy dancing, as I love my kombucha as a dietary supplement. I think I also read that Moderator Robin also drinks it? Sooo...I am assuming the guidelines changed? I drink GT Enlightened Gingerade, so there is nothing in there other than ginger and kombucha.

from what i've been reading it is allowed as long as there is no sugar added after fermentation.i brew my own, so i know how much sugar is in mine and i don't add any flavors at this point...i do love GT Enlightened Gigerade, though.

• Moderators

I don't remember anything being said about kombucha before several moderators on the forum (not me) said it was okay to drink during a Whole30. I went out and bought my first bottle that week. Now that I have experienced kombucha, I am enthusiastic about drinking it regularly.

• 6 months later...

The last time that I officially did a Whole30 (last summer) I specifically remember reading that kombucha was not allowed. The guidelines read something along the lines of "eliminating ALL carbonated beverages, including kombucha". I was just reading an unrelated topic and Moderator Tom mentioned that he drinks a bottle a day. I was shocked and happy dancing, as I love my kombucha as a dietary supplement. I think I also read that Moderator Robin also drinks it? Sooo...I am assuming the guidelines changed? I drink GT Enlightened Gingerade, so there is nothing in there other than ginger and kombucha.

I love that same one...gingerade

Archived