Got the munchies

I'm on Day 10, and for the first time this afternoon I have the munchies, where I just want to pick and pick, even though I had a bigger than usual afternoon mini-meal.

Co-incidentally, today was the first gym workout I've done since starting. I did have a small tin of tuna split pre- and post-workout (and let me tell you, tuna at 5am is NOT fun!), and then breakfast an hour later at my usual time.

Breakfast was a huge plate of 2 fried eggs, silverbeet and mushrooms all sauted in coconut oil and then some macadamia oil over the top when it was cooked, and about 2/3c pureed pumpkin with coconut milk. Looking at the plate I thought "There's no way I'm going to be able to eat all of this". But not only did I eat it all, but I wasn't full. (I normally have 3 eggs and a little bit of sweet potato, but changed it up because I had the tuna already.)

Lunch was about 150g of cold roast beef, 1/2 avocado, pile of bok choy and asparagus, and about 10 cubes of roasted sweet potato.

And then 4pm rolls around and I'm fanging to get into my HB egg, carrot and cucumber sticks and apple slices. I finished all that and grabbed a small handful of nuts. And now I'm sitting here feeling like I could easily eat the rest of the nuts in the drawer - both from mild hunger and from wanting to pick.

I'm wondering if this is attributable to the weights workout this morning (not super hardcore, but I was working), or if it's a normal little slump?

People often hit a day or two on W30 where you've been going along nicely and suddenly want to pick at everything in sight. However, if you have a pre and post workout snack this is meant to be PLUS your normal meals, so don't cut down the number of eggs you have at breakfast. I find how much I have for breakfast affects how hungry I am the whole rest of the day. If I have less for breakfast, I get hungry later no matter how much I eat at my other meals. So make sure you have enough protein at breakfast and that should help. Good luck

Thanks Kirsten. As I said I was sure I wouldn't be able to finish breakfast which is why I cut back to 2 eggs. I'll have the tuna and 3 eggs tomorrow and see how I go. It was also probably a bit of work stress/anxiety in there. Anyway, I didn't east any more nuts so that was all good.

Archived