Isn't it weird?

Wasn't sure where to post this, but no one in my life can really relate.

I was just thinking how it's so crazy that I am considered 'not normal' and 'weird' because I eat real food. Our friend came to visit us this weekend and was completely baffled by all these vegetables I'm eating like kale, brussel sprouts, rutabagas, etc. He kept asking "what is that stuff?".

I just think it's so funny that me eating these naturally occurring vegetables is "not normal", yet if someone were to whip out a twinkie or a ho-ho which are man manufactured edible chemicals, no one would give it a second look! Crazy!!

I had a conversation the other day about what I am eating, and when I mentioned no grains, the person I was talking to said "that's strange, because I eat whole grains". I know she said this because she is under the impression that she is eating clean and whole grains are a good thing, but I thought it was such a weird thing to say.

I see a lot of us coming in during out first week and seeing non-compliant ingredients in so many of our foods and people like me whoe want to learn how to prepare foods that we've never prepared. I hope that our journeys will inspire others and spread like wildfire in a way that will have positive impacts on the health of others and on the food industry.

Let's make clean eating the norm!

People always ask me with vague curiosity what kind of "diet" I am on that I can't eat grain, sugar, dairy, etc. I love to get all passionate about it, getting into the food crisis in the US, etc. So far, no one I've talked to has taken me that seriously. Yet they all complain about different things that have usually resulted from what they are eating!

People always ask me with vague curiosity what kind of "diet" I am on that I can't eat grain, sugar, dairy, etc. I love to get all passionate about it, getting into the food crisis in the US, etc. So far, no one I've talked to has taken me that seriously. Yet they all complain about different things that have usually resulted from what they are eating!

part of my problem with keeping my kids and i eating completely paleo all the time and sticking to mostly organic and grass fed is budget, but the bigger part is my family...my mom doesn't buy how much it'll help her with her diabetes and she's always like "oh, just a little______ (fill in the blank with processed food) won't hurt" and i'm constantly say "yes it will" and my grandmother is just as bad if not worse.

This is a marathon and the proof really is in the proverbial pudding....

I'm at about the 10 month point since committing to the Paleo lifestyle and the results are really amazing. I am fitter,leaner,faster,stronger,healthier then ever before and people really see it.

It takes disapline to change your life, it takes disapline to get healthy,it takes disapline to go to the grocer and by fresh product and take the time to cook it instead of ordering in pizza....

To the people who poo poo it and think I'm weird.... Well they are weak and jealous and have little to no disapline in their lives... I am fierce, I am a savage warrior, and when I'm out battling the world, the " normal" ding dong eaters will be sitting on the couch, whining about how miserable they feel and how it sucks getting old!

As a colleague use to say " f$@k em all, their cockroaches!!"

• 2 weeks later...

I can totally relate- I get the same responses. I'll never forget the time when I was with my 6 month old daughter at a festival with friends and I started feeding her some mashed avocado I had brought from home. Every friend asked what it was and looked at me like I had 3 heads. Every one of them said "oh, I never would have thought of that". That was four years ago, before I had even heard of paleo, but I was feeding her mashed and pureed fruits, veg, meat, etc instead of baby food. My family and friends thought I was crazy!

I love this thread.

Last week I got set up on a blind date. Turns out a friend of a friend used to work for the guy so I asked her for the scoop. She said, "He is cute and nice but SOOOOO BIZARRE!"

This is what she considered bizarre:

1. He eats steak, broccoli, and sweet potatoes EVERY DAY for lunch

2. He doesn't like to sit at his desk all day so he has a stand up work station

3. He refuses to put any of his food in plastic and only brings his lunch in glass containers.

HAHAHAHA - if those things are "SO BIZARRE" I'd hate to see what she thought of me!

I love this thread.

Last week I got set up on a blind date. Turns out a friend of a friend used to work for the guy so I asked her for the scoop. She said, "He is cute and nice but SOOOOO BIZARRE!"

This is what she considered bizarre:

1. He eats steak, broccoli, and sweet potatoes EVERY DAY for lunch

2. He doesn't like to sit at his desk all day so he has a stand up work station

3. He refuses to put any of his food in plastic and only brings his lunch in glass containers.

HAHAHAHA - if those things are "SO BIZARRE" I'd hate to see what she thought of me!

Sounds like a good match!

Archived