Possibly dumb question

Can you develop an allergy to nuts when they have not been a problem before? I had a serving of pecans with breakfast, and my mouth felt a little tingly afterward and still is (about an hour later), which I don't think had happened before. I am also trying to nail down what is causing these breakouts on my face (which are much less without grains, but still coming pretty regularly), and understand what's causing extreme bloating every time I have a glass of water. Though I have not tracked it well enough, I have eaten pecans or cashews most days of the W30, so would be hard to tell if that was the cause there. I don't eat tons, never more than I food map serving at a meal and hardly ever snacking on them, so my eating is not saturated with nuts by any means. Also, if you are allergic to one nut, does that mean stay away from all of them? If anyone has information re: this, I'd be grateful.

Yes, that's what I should do. A little worried about overly restricting food choices and that back-firing, but this likely will pass. I'd thought to wait to do this for a couple of weeks, but no harm trying now and seeing what comes of it. Thank you!

I used to worry about that too until I got sick enough of being bloated and brainfogged that plate after plate of meat and sweet potatoes and kraut started looking like a life raft instead of a death sentence. Maybe "death sentence" is too dramatic, but boredom sentence for sure.

Scout FInch,

Yes I would have to agree that eliminate the nuts for a period of time.

Also - not saying this is you - but I have reactions to pork. I used to think it was because I was still buying pork form the grocery store. Then tried grass fed and I was still having reactions. Less mind you but they still came. The positive part of the reactions was that they were not on my face but random parts on my body. So I know now that I should very much limit my intake of pork.

Also - not saying this is you - but I have reactions to pork. I used to think it was because

I was still buying pork form the grocery store.

Then tried grass fed and I was still having

reactions. Less mind you but they still came.

The positive part of the reactions was that they

were not on my face but random parts on my

body. So I know now that I should very much

limit my intake of pork.

There is a great article from Weston A Price Foundation about the effects on the blood immediately after consuming fresh pork verses pork soaked in lime juice first. Changes the chemistry somehow- I always feel better eating pork prepare in lime juice.

I've not eaten pork in months, but glad for the heads up about it and will try lime juice (have some cutlets in the freezer). My mother-in-law was actually allergic to pork and could not eat a mouthful. I know eggs are also on the list of usual suspects, and oddly, if I have two eggs i feel fine, but three eggs and my blood sugar feels like it goes into the tank. Have not eliminated eggs yet but not eating them every day anymore.

Archived