Day 6 bloated

Hi everyone! I am on day 6 of my 2nd whole30 and I am BLOATED. I look pregnant and my pants feel like they are about to explode. I didnt experience this on my first whole30 which ended 01/31 and I am wondering if there is anything I could do in order to stop the bloating. Thank you!

This is only my personal experience bit the further I got into w30 eating and cleaned up my diet of the worst problems- that's when I started noticing reactions to nuts, coffee, high fiber and raw veggies and the FODMAPS. I started dabbling with the IBS protocol a couple weeks ago and started officially today. I had nuts and coffee last week and it took almost a week for the bloat to go away. Today I am back to normal after eating nothing but sweet potatoes, beef and cultured vegetables for a few days. Ugh. Sorry for you- I hope you find out what is causing that because I know how uncomfortable it can be.

For me, the reaction was to animal fats. I had my gallbladder out a few years back, so I am going to try to find the digestive enzymes that have been recommended.

I have definitely seen a lot about nuts, as Moluv stated.

Oh, I also seem to think that dried plums may have caused me trouble. I had 1 to 3 after a few meals and they seemed to be implicated.

I have been a close friend of ginger, in my foods, in teas, in sparkling water, or as its own tea. I also added kombucha. Bubbly things are supposed to help. And, things like sauerkraut and kimchi are also supposed to help.

I thought I might deliver twins before the end of my whole 30, but now I am pretty sure I will be fine.

Thank you for the response guys! I've never had issues and I usually wake up feeling pretty lean but ever since friday I've just been miserable and my belly just does not feel or look good. I dont really eat nuts as I dont like them that much and I have given up coffee since January. I'll give it a few more days and really pay attention to what I am eating. I just purchased a kombucha contineous brewer so I am looking forward to that.

Nico what enzymes were you recommended? Just in case this lasts for more than a couple of days

Here is the supplement list: http://whole9life.com/2010/09/supplements-part-ii/

Last night, I went to Whold Foods and got a similar one by 365, but the NOW formula is far more compliant, so I am waiting to find those. Sticking to coconut oil is helping me for now.

A food journal of what you ate before you had trouble could really help. And, a little more time on Whole30 may also help. Sometimes, these things resolve and I don't think we ever really know the cause or what helped.

Maybe this is connected to something that was happening in between, something beyond your control, or something you are doing slightly different this time around.

Archived