Smoothies with breakfast??

My w30 stopped at the end of feb and i am almost 15 days out of it. For a few mornings- i was making smoothies with my protein and veg. All fruit and usually 2tbsp or less of compliant almond butter. Made about 1cup... I knoooowww

Smoothies are a no no but it was such a nice change from coffee or water or lemon/lime in my water.

I don't make them everyday or very often at all... Just an addition to... Am i starting to fall off the wagon in doing this? I don't want to overthink it-- just wonder if I feeding a sugar dragon that i'm not entirely conscious of..

While they're a no go during a W30 what you eat or drink after is entirely up to you. Personally fruit wakes my dragon. It might not wake yours and yea for you if that's true! I would think the danger would be if the smoothie starts to crowd out the good morning veggies and protein. For me, since it's still awfully chilly in Oregon smoothies don't sound really appealing, now after July when Portland's summer actually starts...who knows how I'll feel.

While they're a no go during a W30 what you eat or drink after is entirely up to you. Personally fruit wakes my dragon. It might not wake yours and yea for you if that's true! I would think the danger would be if the smoothie starts to crowd out the good morning veggies and protein. For me, since it's still awfully chilly in Oregon smoothies don't sound really appealing, now after July when Portland's summer actually starts...who knows how I'll feel.

That is so funny! I live in Medford!!! See, it doesn't wake my sugar dragon at all... I just enjoy the taste of it after breakfast.... I dunno. Maybe I am forming a habit that is feeding my dragon. I think I'll stick to real fruit or none at all... I don't want to jinx my progress :(

Hi! I know smoothies are a no-no, like you said, but where specifically does it say it is not allowed?

A group of girlfriends are doing this together and I want me make sure I have the right parameters to keep up by.

Thanks!

ISWF talks about not drinking your food, I'm sure a mod could give specific page/chapter references. Our bodies process liquid differently than solid foods and smoothies tend to be high in sugar, natural sugar, but still sugar which can keep the sugar dragon puffing along during your 30. The dreaded sugar dragon seems to be an all too common fight for many of us.

The meal templates in the book are very helpful if you haven't studied them. Palm size protein, thumb size fat, fill up with veggies...repeat three times a day...feel great!

Post W30 you are free to eat how you like.... That said, take the lessons learned about how you react physically and emotionally to food... If drinking a smoothie once In a while is enjoyable to you with out physical reaction( sugar cravings....etc) great. Also examine weather or not you have an emotional attraction to smoothies, that could lead to falling off a slippery slope ( fruit smoothy, fruit and milk smoothy, fruit and milk and ice cream smoothy.......)

I really took to heart the theme of ISWF " is the food I'm eating making me more or less healthy"

If you enjoy a particular food and its a healthy choice, allow yourself the pleasure of it. If its an unhealthy choice, and you can find no healthier alternative that will fulfill your desire, enjoy the pleasure of it ....just be aware of how you are reacting to it and why.

Thanks fender!!! Very well put....

I don't drink smoothies often even before w30... And i am on day 45 and still no sugar dragon knocking on my door... I keep to my 3 meals a day and have added more protein options mixed together so it's not "just meat" or "just eggs"... Lost 3 more lbs! Lol... It was just a simple pleasure in the morning to go with my breakfast. And i didn't drink it till after I ate ;)

Thanks fender!!! Very well put....

I don't drink smoothies often even before w30... And i am on day 45 and still no sugar dragon knocking on my door... I keep to my 3 meals a day and have added more protein options mixed together so it's not "just meat" or "just eggs"... Lost 3 more lbs! Lol... It was just a simple pleasure in the morning to go with my breakfast. And i didn't drink it till after I ate ;)

Sounds like you have your situation well in control !! Ain't it great... I love it !!!!!!

Archived