Favorite Whole30-compliant cook book?

CarolinaJ85

I went to our local B&N today to look at cookbooks because I am getting into a little bit of a rut. I know there are plenty of recipes online, but I am a sucker for a good cookbook.

A lot of the paleo cookbooks are focused on paleo-ified frankenfoods (almond flour blondies??). Anyone have any suggestions for something that is (mostly) Whole 30 compliant? I have made a few things from the back of ISWF but am looking for more.

I'm a sucker for a good cookbook too. Online recipes are fun to browse, but when I plan and cook meals, I prefer a cookbook. I have no idea why!

As Tom suggests, Well Fed is your best bet. All but one recipe are OK on the Whole30 and she's got great ideas for mixing things up and branching out on your own. Her book inspired me to get creative with spices and I love it! I cannot wait for Well Fed 2!

Other good paleo cookbooks (all of them contain deserts, just skip over that section when on a Whole30):

Paleo Comfort Foods

Everyday Paleo

Make it Paleo

Practical Paleo (I don't have this one, but I've heard good things about it)

I have two others, but I've hardly cooked from either of them(Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook & Paleo Slow Cooking), so I cannot yet recommend them.

Another bibliophile here, but I find a lot of great recipes online. My problem was, when I wanted to make them I had trouble finding them again. I started a Pinterest account, downloaded the "Pin It" button to my task bar, set up different boards for different categories just like a cookbook, and now when I find something I want to save I just click "Pin It" and save it to the appropriate category. This has made online recipes as easy to use a a cookbook. In fact, it's becoming my personal e-cookbook. There is a thread somewhere on these forums that Derval started for people to share their pinterest links. Take a look at mine: www.pinterest.com/paleomaryann

I like Practical Paleo. I have Well Fed as an ebook, but I have not really looked at it. There's something about cookbooks. I got a notebook when I realized the number of recipes I was getting online. I just print and file them. I like to have recipes in print because I make notes about all kinds of things on them. I started with a 1 inch notebook. I now have a filled 2 inch notebook.

Archived