Day 18 and very hungry...

Hello! I am on my second Whole 30. My first one was 7 months ago, and I was in the middle of training for a triathlon. I was used to being hungry and eating more carbs (mainly coconut water and sweet potatoes before and after training). This Whole30 is completely different. I have felt satiated and not as hungry as I used to... Until day 15.

Now It seems that I am not able to get enough food to eat, I am craving carbs. We went out to dinner for our anniversary and the steak they gave me was too small, not even palm sized, and I left hungry. Then, 3 days later, today, I feel like I am not eating enough. I find myself craving chocolate, Irish soda bread (as is tradition in this area around St. Patrick's Day), meat, everything. I haven't eaten bread in years, so this is weird. I think this is the point in my PMS cycle where I get hungry anyway.

It doesn't help that the rest of my large family is not on the Whole30, so there is snack food everywhere! (I don't have control over that). Again, usually this is not a problem, but today, I am famished! So I think I just need to eat more. But, does anyone else get real hungry on the last half of the Whole30?

I have been having the same problem. I was hungry for the first few days until I figured out the right balance for my meals and adjusted to large meals instead of snacks. For about ten days after that, I was doing really well. About a week ago, I started feeling hungry and also had my first cravings around day14. I have questioned my portions, I questioned my sinus issues and possibly drainage into my tummy (TMI?), and now I simply don't know what the deal is. Today is day 29 and I feel as though I must have done something wrong because I am hungry! I had stopped snacking, but dove into a few paleo packs over the last two days. Compliant, but my hormones could be happier, right?

I hope you get yours figured out soon and, no, you are not alone. Every body is different and I guess your experience will be different since you are not training as hard. Don't underestimate your needs, though.

Thank you Nico. No that's not TMI! I was sick for a week and had very little appetite. This week I am famished. After I posted this I had dinner and let myself eat until satiated. The good news is that I am feeling full now, where before I could never tell if I was full or not. I think I am waiting too long between meals right now. I think because my schedule is so busy it is sometimes up to 8 hours between lunch and dinner.

Congratulations on making it to day 29!

Yes, if you haven't been eating much for a week, your body may simply be trying to make up for it. Just make sure you continue to eat enough at meals and possibly even try to fit in a mini meal type snack between lunch and dinner. good luck

Thanks Kirsteen. Today at lunch I went to the local Paleo Food Truck, www.thehunterandthefarmer.com and got their grass-fed taco beef bowl with cauliflower rice, kale, and a side of yams. I ate the whole thing! It was yummy. Unfortunately, then I didn't get to eat for another 8 hours. :-( I was too busy today, but I made some extra food so tomorrow I will eat regularly no matter what.

Archived