So, after eating about 24 roasted, unsalted cashews out of a bag (over 3 days), I looked at the label and saw that the ingredients were "cashews and hydrogenated peanut oil". I know I should've looked at the label sooner - I usually read everything. I won't be eating any more of them, of course, but I have two questions:

1. Can any one recommend a good brand of cashews to order? I live out in the country and order a lot of my pantry staples.

2. I know it was probably a small amount of peanut oil, but I am committed to being 100% all and it's my first Whole30 - should I start my Whole30 over (I'm on day 6)?

Thanks!

Check out Nuts.com. They are a good company and should have some dry-roasted or raw cashews, as well as a host of other Whole30-compliant goodies. I live in the country too, and use them a lot. Amazon should have some, too.

If it was me, I'd just tack on 6 days to the end of the Whole30 and call it a Whole36. If you want to keep going without extending your Whole30, consider this a good lesson learned in label-reading. Good luck!

I buy from a local organic market and the only ingredients are cashews and salt...I always look for DRY-roasted as they don't use oil in the roasting process.

I was on day four (started March 18) and I smoked yesterday...so I am restarting again today...even though my food has been 100% compliant!

Let us know what you decide...I'm curious if you will restart or just keep on trucking!

Cheers,

Tamara

Thanks for the advice - I was really stressing about it this morning. And it was very much a lesson in label reading, I will be much more aware now. Thanks for the tips on ordering nuts and the dry-roasting too.

I am going to tack 6 days to end of my Whole30 - I was already thinking about doing a Whole45 anyway, because my eating habits before were absolutely horrible.

Keep strong on the quitting smoking - I have had two good friends quit in the last two years and from watching them go through it, I know it's not easy. But, if you're strong enough to eat 100% compliant you're one step closer to being able to call yourself a non-smoker! :)

Archived