First experience with ghee

AmyS

Confession: this morning I ate ghee instead of avocado as part of my breakfast. I feel like I'm having an affair. Avocado = main squeeze. Ghee = new flame. What ever shall I do???

Hilarious.

Confession: I use ghee every morning to cook my homemade lamb sausage patty and two over easy eggs...wait for it...I purposely scoop too much out with a spoon and gobble up the leftover ghee. Better than any cake batter spoon. :0)

Confession: this morning I ate ghee instead of avocado as part of my breakfast. I feel like I'm having an affair. Avocado = main squeeze. Ghee = new flame. What ever shall I do???

You can just eat Ghee?? I thought you could only cook with it.... the joys of enlightenment!

You can just eat Ghee?? I thought you could only cook with it.... the joys of enlightenment!

Well, I did cook with it, rather than eating it from the jar. But apparently, Susan does eat it from the jar!!! We need a Ghee PostSecret.

I wonder if something went wrong in my ghee-making process. I used it for the first time yesterday and it seemed fine, but really I think so far I prefer coconut oil as my fat of choice. I found some pre-made ghee that I'll try as soon as I run out of my homemade stuff to see if that brings me more joy :)

Hi Katie, that's what i thought when i made mine - i didn't really like it and wondered if I'd done something wrong. So i bought some organic ghee and discovered it was just the same, and i didn't like it either. Since then I roasted a bunch of tomatoes with garlic and herbs and threw them in my food processor with the ghee and now i really like it - but to be honest, it's just the garlicky tomatoes i'm tasting :)

It definitely has a distinct flavor. I happen to like it - in fact, I discovered that this is the exact flavor I like in butter. But if that's not to someone's liking, I can understand that ghee itself would be rather unappealing. And, of course, this leaves more for me. :lol:

Archived