Verred off track and regret it so much.

We went on our family beach vacation last week, returning this past Sunday. I did so well until we went to a fried seafood restaurant for lunch the second day and there was literally nothing for me. Mistake 1. Then I was coerced into drinking a fun beachy cocktail. Mistake 2. Then I gave up. Mistake 3.

Needless to say, I feel like crap now. I feel like I weigh 1000 pounds, my mood is bad, and exhausted. I'm a completely different person that I was this time last week.

There's some sun through my clouds though. My hubby has decided to join me on this new adventure and I'm so excited! I went grocery shopping yesterday and it was awesome filling my cart with fresh produce and beautiful meat. This time I will succeed and it will be awesome! Especially with the support of hubby. :)

Needless to say, I feel like crap now. I feel like I weigh 1000 pounds, my mood is bad, and exhausted. I'm a completely different person that I was this time last week.

It never ceases to amaze me how bad a binge makes me feel. And yet I've done it more than once! I know exactly how you feel, and how wonderful it is when you're back on track and buying all that lovely fresh grub. Good luck :)

The important thing is that you made the choice to get back up.

I battle a sugar addiction. What I realized recently is that a binge for me today is what was normal eating for me a year ago. It was awful, it still is awful, but I have raised my food standards so high that last year's normal is no longer acceptable, it's now called a binge. That's a good thing. I never want it to be acceptable again, it's just taking me longer to make my good eating habits the new normal enough that I can leave the old ones behind without needing to go back and revisit that place. I think I'm getting there, but it's very much a two steps forward, one step back kind of thing.

Archived