Sweet Pea's Sweet SugarFree Life

Pea

Doing a little better today. Sleep wasn't great last night, but better. Saw my doc this morning who tells me that yes, it is possible to have a crash like I did from food (almonds and almond milk)

So I'm back to well-controlled strict:

meal 1: skipped, not hungry in morning

meal 2: lamb chop, 1.5 cups brussel sprouts, roasted, and 1 cup mashed yucca

meal 3: 2 eggs, small orange

meal 4: if I need it---small piece lamb, spinach

Pea

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Liten to you.

Youre fantastic and what a role model.

Thanks for the upbeat message

Im about to turn 70 May 5 and have been in great shape for most of the last 30 years until knee surgery (which was major successful) and have had trouble finding the mojo the get cooking again.Im certainly in better shape than most 70 year olds but thats not enough .

I'm designing the 70 is the new 40 lifestyle .And its stories like yours that give me lots of hope and energy.

Thanks so much

• 1 month later...

Fell off the wagon, I'm afraid. But I am back to day one after a nice long talk with my husband. Good news to report: we have made progress on getting help for my older son, the one with autism and multiple tick-borne diseases. We are now on track to get him some counseling and life skills work, and eventually (in about 18 months to 2 years) into a supported apartment program for young people with psychiatric difficulties. I got us going in this vein by consulting some colleagues in the mental health system.

Today is day one: beginner's mind. Plan is re-read ISWF during down times at work, and to shop at farmer's market this morning.

What I ate today:

meal 1: 2 eggs, sautéed greens

meal 2: arugala salad with avocado and sardines

meal 3: sautéed kohlrabi bulb and greens with onions and pastured pork; strawberries.

I'm all over it!

Pea

Today is day 3 of my second whole30.

I did great yesterday! I was at our family business working my butt off (www.pirateslakesidegrill.com) but thankfully, we feature organic, local 100% grassfed beef burgers, so I could eat!

meal one: eggs, arugula salad

meal two: sautéed eggplant, organic red pepper, onion and sardines

meal three: 2 small grassfed burgers with sauteed red cabbage.

Today I need to run some errands and then work out my sore joints in the pool at the Y. Tonight's dinner: potted beef brisket with carrots, onions, beets, and sweet potatoes. Will serve with leftover red cabbage. YUM!

meal one today: pastured organic pork sausage, 2 eggs, live sauerkraut

meal two: sardines with raw arugula salad, olive oil dressing

meal three: brisket and veggies as above.

I am SO glad to be back on the train!!!!!

Pea

Thanks, pjena. It is very stressful. In fact, managing my response to stress is THE SINGLE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I face in doing my second whole30. In taking care of myself in all ways, not just food. I *will* help my son transition to a life in which services are provided him that I now do for him all by myself. I will frankly experience that as a liberation. He struggles with gawdawful anxiety, and when he gets anxious, I get anxious, not good for either of us. I could be more help to him if I didn't have to experience every little twinge with him on a 24/7 basis.

Yesterday:

meal 1: 3 eggs with sauerkraut

meal 2: roast chicken with red cabbage

meal 3: brisket with sweet potatoes, red cabbage

needed a snack and had walnuts with an orange

Today:

meal 1: 3 eggs with sauerkraut

meal 2: arugula salad with sauerkraut and sardines

meal 3: unknown at present, probably brisket and veggies

No formal exercise today. Too busy!

Pea

Welcome back, Pea!!!!  I'm glad you are making progress on getting help for your son. That must be so stressful!

This morning I am having 3 eggs and sauerkraut. I'm off to our restaurant for a half-day's work. I have a bunch of kale there so I will have grilled kale with onions and chipotle salsa with a grassfed beef burger for lunch. Dinner's up in the air! I'm too busy!

Yesterday:

meal 1: 3 eggs, sauerkraut

meal 2: sautéed kale with onions, salsa, grassfed beef burger

meal 3: 3 eggs, brussel sprouts, a few chicken wings

Today:

Heading off to farmer's market to pick up some greens for raw salads and cooking, need some root veggies for a beef stew to use up some frozen grassfed beef cubes, too.

Pea

Hi Pea, I just read through your log. I'm sorry for all of your struggles. I didn't look at your rest cottage because your words created it perfectly in my mind. I'd love to go there!

I hope your energy returns full blast!

Archived