Nuts.....bloat.....why?

hojo

So, I've been humming along good....even have eliminated fruit for now....BUT I still enjoy nuts as that handful of something crunchy feeling. However, I do think they make me feel bloated or 'heavy'. My question is does anyone know if there is a scientific reason that a lot of people feel this with nuts? The fat? Calories? What is it? I need some motivation to completely remove them....

As far as I know, it's nothing to do with the fat or calorie content, it's because nuts (can be) hard to digest and aggravate the intestinal tract. Apparently eating activated nuts (soaked in water) helps eliminate this issue.

When we have nuts in the house, I soak them in filtered water with sea salt--i like the water to taste like sea water (think pasta water in pre W30 days) and soak for 8-12 hours. I then drain them, put them on rimmed cookie sheets (jelly roll pans) and dry 12 hours with my oven set at 170. We don't do raw nuts because of the bloat issues and we seldom have nuts because the are fwob for me

Archived