Day 16 No noticeable weight loss.

I know it took me up until about Day 20 for me to notice any weight loss. And about mid-way through I cut out nuts because I felt like that was contributing in some way. You may want to make some tweaks - like cutting back on fruit or nuts if you are overeating them, and then see what happens.

I know I was seriously frustrated at the half-way point! Now, everything fits so much better, and I have lost a small amount of weight.

You can absolutely wish for those things while embracing the positives and looking for ways to make change.

Know that the timeline is not one size fits all. If you don't have much to lose, you may not lose as much as fast. Some medical conditions could interfere.

This link may prove useful to you, but you do still have about halfway to go: http://whole9life.com/2012/10/six-reasons-why-the-whole30-didnt-work-for-you/

Since ISWF is about food, it might helps us to know what you are eating and when. Nuts are often a culprit, especially as snacks.

I have read that some people do overestimate the fat, but ISWF does say that the minimum amount of fat that is listed on the template is a minimum and going below that threshold will undermine your efforts. Take a look at your meals including eating fats and cooking fats and compare that to the template before you cut fat.

And, don't forget to try at least 30 days!

I think I'm right on. Guess I'll just stay the course and see what happens. I just feel like if I don't see some results by the end I'll just be bummed and feel unsuccessful.

Why would you feel bummed and unsuccessful? It's not all about the number on the scale -- that's just a measurement of your relationship with gravity, don't let it define you! This is not a weight loss plan, its a plan to make you more healthy. Can you honestly say there are no other benefits? And let me remind you, you're only about halfway through. It's a 30-day (or longer) plan, not a 16 day plan. If you don't have a lot of weight to lose you likely won't see a dramatic change in that little number, but how is your sleep? Your skin? Your energy level? Give it a chance, and don't measure your success with a random number.

I'm sleeping better because I quit caffeine. I have not weighed myself. I am only looking at how my clothes fit, and so far it's just the same. I'll stick with it.

Just wondering if there are tweaks to the plan that can help loose fat. Changing my ratio of fat to muscle is actually important to my health.

Maybe you could post a daily entry for us. I'm wondering if you might be getting too much or too little of something. It can be a really confusing transition.

Whatever you do, don't decide to "tweak" the plan by cutting out carbs and fat. If so, we'll hear from you soon saying "I'm so tired all the time". Your body needs energy! Take a look at fruit and nuts -- make sure you're not overdoing them. Otherwise...just be patient and keep at it. I didn't feel a great change until the end.

If it makes you feel better, I have not lost one single pound on the scale. (I need to lose about 25-30.) But my Seven (the brand, not the size) skinny jeans were loose out of the dryer. I don't have "flour face". I don't feel sluggish. My hair is shiny and my skin is clear. And a horrible skin condition that I'm cursed with is finally at rest. THAT's the stuff I see, and really, ALL I would see, if I didn't choose to get on the scale and beat myself up every morning. (And I know, I need to break up with the scale like a bad boyfriend!)

As hard as it is to swallow, patience is key. Don't focus on weight loss. I only wanted to lose 10 pounds, and I stressed and fretted about it constantly. I was always second-guessing how many sweet potatoes or how much fat I was eating. I did end up making two tweaks (post-W30) that helped me out...no more nuts, and reducing my portions of protein to the lower end of the scale. I was overeating at first, and I knew it...but it all tasted so good, and it was "good food" so I decided it was OK. What was great is that I didn't GAIN weight, and it really felt like I was eating a lot more food than I used to. This gives me comfort on the days that I do decide to go for a 2nd helping. I'm still eating less than I did during my W30, so it doesn't freak me out to eat a little extra on occasion. Prior to this way of eating, I was used to "going on a diet" and losing 10 pounds pretty quickly. Of course, it always came back within a month or two. Although it is very hard to be patient, it's sure better than the old yo-yo. I'm at about 3.5 months into this lifestyle and I've lost 9 of the 10 pounds. I feel much more confident it will stay off this time, and that's a great feeling!

I am feeling the same way. Day 12, improved sleep and energy, clarity, but not feeling a difference in terms of weight. I know that's not the point and I don't want to focus on it, but its hard not to! I removed my scale from my house! I guess we just keep on going!

Tasha Bird and others, thanks for sharing, having same trouble, but just reading your posts re-encourages me to stick with what I am doing. Mental note to self: Be patient, have less nuts & fruit, sleep more!

Have a great day you all :)

Archived