Paleo Bolognese

Jinkse21

I found this online today because I had wanted to make a meat sauce to go with the spaghetti squash I had at home. I stopped our farmers' market where they have meat stands open every day to pick up what I needed but couldn't find pancetta (the store that would have it was alreadclosed for the day) or ground pork. I decided to use thick cut sugar-free bacon and all ground beef but had everything else. It was so yummy!!! It's definitely a repeater!

http://recreationandwhimsy.com/2012/12/05/recipe-paleo-bolognese/

Okay, let me get this straight. You have a farmers' market - with meat stands open every day and sugar free bacon more readily available than pancetta? No wonder it is snowing here in MN - hell froze over! You are SO lucky and I am clearly SO jealous!

Okay, off to check out the recipe now :).

I guess it's more of a "market" during the week but the stands carry organic foods and locally made products. I love it and the best part is that it is on my way home from work so I can stop there on my home. It may cost more but I love being able to support the local vendors. The weekends are the absolute best there! Lots of farmers for the area and other vendors selling locally made/grown foods. If you are ever in Cincinnati, make sure you check out Findlay Market (http://www.findlaymarket.org/).

Shelley, you would be so suprised if you went there today! With the increase in eating more whole foods and supporting local farmers, it has grown so there are so many more options! They have food vendors there on the weekends, especially when it's nice out as well as a bier garden with live music. I was surprised to find out that it is Ohio's oldest running farmers' market to date.

Archived