Panera Review

Jinkse21

I just got back from having lunch at Panera and I have to say it was pretty uneventful. <_<

I ordered the Power Steak Lettuce Wraps off of the hidden menu (http://mypanera.panerabread.com/articlestips/article/access-into-paneras-hidden-menu/) minus the pesto and I did not use the lemon (I only like lemon in lemonade!). So it was thin-sliced steak, 4 large lettuce leaves, 5 slices of cucumber, about 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes, and thin slices of red onion. There was no added fat other that the small amount in the beef. So, if you can imagine, this was a pretty boring, blah meal.

IF I go back to Panera, I will make sure I take some of Tessamae's dressing with me so I can meet my fat requirement and add flavor to this lackluster dish.

Oh you poor thing. I know how disappointing it is to have a sucky meal when on a W30 and that one truly just sounds so boring. Have you tried Wholly Guacamole? It is so good. They come in large containers or small snack packs. You could sneak two snack packs into Panera and turn those boring wraps into something outstanding. They come in regular or spicy and you can freeze them and just pull them out as needed.

I love Wholly Guac but after have a few skin issues the past few weeks, I am cutting out avocado for the nex 5 days to see if it clears up. It will make me very sad if avocado is the culprit! That definitely would have made me much happier though even if I had to deal with the itching! :D

I tried them, too. I brought my own vinegar and oil and added avocado, but that won't work with avocado sensitivity. I found it to be calorie counting-sized meal. Luckily, there is a Chipotle next door, so my husband and I went there to share a compliant salad.

Panera's was yummy, but Chipotle's is far more filling, flavorful, and claims to be from better sources. I do wish I had more veggies on the Chipotle menu. I've been in talks with the manager and I think he may try to use less soy.

• 3 months later...

I think there is another thread here about Panera...maybe two.  I am pretty sure the chicken has sugar (!), but I'm not certain.  I think a moderator chimed in about what to get there...if anything.

I ordered the Med chicken Salad off of the hidden menu (http://mypanera.pane...as-hidden-menu/) and it was pretty good.  Of course, I could have made something better at home but it was a last minute lunch need.  I read that this was compliant in another forum, but question the bacon.  Thoughts?

Here's the website for Panera ingredients: http://www.paneranutrition.com/

Unfortunately, the Power Mediterranean Chicken on their hidden menu is not Whole30 compliant, because it contains sugar, milk and the bacon contains sugar.

EDIT: I just went through every meal on their hidden menu and NONE of those offerings are Whole30 compliant. They contain sugar, milk, wheat, and/or sulfites. 

Archived