kirkland roasted seaweed

So, I'm on day 13 on my first whole60. Wanted to see how my LDLs were affected by my diet before having the dr recommend statins to me again. I was crusing right along or so I thought. But I just freaked out when by chance I read the packaging on these.

http://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Signature-Roasted-Seasoned-Seaweed/dp/B00AG0GLKM

I bought them when doing my initial shopping trip for veggies at costco b/c I remembered reading somewhere that seaweed was okay. I never even looked at the label until tonight - found out there was corn oil! Ugh. I've only eaten them a couple of times in the past 13 days but I have no idea what days I ate them...I am thinking that the most recent was Thursday night - 2 days ago.

I am assuming I have to start my whole30 over again on day 3? Corn is such a big no no, right - even if it was totally by mistake?

• Moderators

Some people have bad reactions to corn, but not everyone. I would say just take this as a lesson in label reading and see how you feel at day 30. If you are still waiting to feel some magic at day 30, add another week or two. If you are feeling good, call it a success at day 30.

Corn's not such a super big no. Honestly, unless you ate an entire bag each time (and maybe even not then), I probably wouldn't suggest restarting. Ditch the seaweed and see if things improve for you. If so, then the small amount of corn oil was likely causing some lingering issues. If you find that's the case, add another 11 days to the end of the process. If not, evaluate where you are on day 30. If you still feel like there's improvement to be made, add those 11 days. If not, it's your call :)

Archived