One week in....

So I have officially finished my first 7days of W30 and I have learned a lot in the process of hitting some of my own goals. I have stayed off the scale despite the fact I am terrible for needing to know my weight. I have had more cravings to get on the scale than cravings for food. I have gone all week without my coffee and cream. I have been really good about not scavenging throughout the day as well. I have a few questions regarding some food items, I feel like in ISWF there are some foods that are off limits but some W30 recipes seem to have them added...

Can we have almond flour or coconut flour? Are all the recipes on nom nom paleo W30?

Any help is appreciated :)

I don't have the nom nom paleo app, but I've heard she has a W30 section...so those are all OK. Some of the recipes on her website use dairy.

Almond flour and coconut flour are OK, but you're supposed to be careful how you use them. During the W30 you should avoid making desserts or treats, paleo pancakes, etc. It's fine for coating meat, thickening sauces, or in small amounts in recipes.

• Moderators

You have to apply the Whole30 guidelines everywhere you go and can't blindly accept that every recipe by a certain author is okay. NomNom Paleo and Melissa Joulwan are great Whole30-friendly recipe creators, but both go off plan occasionally.

Archived