Robb Wolf says not to eat pre workout in a.m.

Laketon79

Not everyone is going to have the same opinion on things. Because I chose to fully do my W30s based on this site, I go with what the Hartwigs say. It just gets too confusing for me to go to other sources for info on Pre WO or anything else. I do know that Robb Wolf has changed his mind on a few things and republished his book, but I don't know if that is one of them. For me, I have a much better WO if I eat fat and protein before.

I think this is also different advice for different goals and populations. Some people doing the whole30 have a lot of metabolic damage, and the agenda here is balancing hormones and reducing inflammation/stress response. For those goals, eating something first thing in the morning, and eating a small portion of protein and fat pre-WO is appropriate. For someone who is uber-fit, and whose hormones are all in order, there might be a benefit to working out fasted. During the whole30, it really is best not to mix advice from different sources. Have faith in the Hartwigs for 30 days, then see about tweaking based on specific situations.

The answer would depend on a few different things.

What type of training are you doing?

What are you training for?

How's the metabolism/stress level?

What time of day do you train? (How many hours after waking)

Have you trained fasted before? If so, how did you feel?

Archived