How did I survive eating this way before????

Just spent a week in Washington, DC with my 8th grade class. We spent a lot of time on the bus, stayed in hotels and were on the go constantly....the trip sponsors take care of meals for the week. Ugh. I was a raving lunatic by day two! And I even brought healthy foods for those days, but not enough, so I had to eat what was there....continental breakfast at the hotel did have hard boiled eggs, but no fruit! Lunches were eaten on the bus or on the go and there were limited choices. I did the best I could, but was famished and cranky without enough protein and veggies!!!!!

Home last night, finally! This mornings breakfast was the most delicious omelette with sausage, sundried tomatoes, onions and basil. Ahhhhhh, real food. So good. I'm on school vacation this week, so I will be doing a whole9 or longer to clean out the crap! Not looking forward to the inevitable carb flu in a few days....oh well, at least I know I can fix this and feel better soon!

is a whole9 just a 9day whole 30.......what is the signifigance of 9 days

I was just referring to the next nine days I have off from school, where I will be able to just focus on ME and take care of myself with my full attention. I did my first whole30 last summer and was very successful. I've had less success at the attempts I've made during the school year despite knowing how important it is to take good care of myself ALL the time. So, I'm looking at these upcoming nine days, with nothing planned except what I want to do (get back to healthy eating), and regular exercise. I will likely continue with it past the nine days and hopefully make it a whole30.

No. W9 refers to the website, brand and employees of Dallas and Melissa Hartwig. If you go to the site, you will see a better explanation of it. I am just going by my memory of what I read.

Actually, I was referring to the next nine days I have off from school! :-) I'm using the next nine days to eat compliant food and get back to square one.

Actually, I was referring to the next nine days I have off from school! :-) I'm using the next nine days to eat compliant food and get back to square one.

Lol...I didn't realize nana was referring to a particular post. :0)

• 2 weeks later...

I remember going on that D.C. trip years ago, when I was in 8th grade! Great trip, although looking back at all the candy I wasted my personal spending money on to bring with me...not so great.

Enjoy your W9 - I've had several times getting back from trips and just wanting to eat veggies of any and every kind! You'll feel great by the end of it, I'm sure!

Archived