Running program

Collegegal82

I started running with a c25k programme and it worked really well for me. I could barely run a block when I started, but did a (slow) half marathon about six months later and managed to drop over 20 minutes off that time the next year.

I did. I ran it by distance not time (my 5k was more in the 40 minute range when I was done). I repeated at least one week because I got sick in the middle. I did it slow and I usually would walk out a full hour after each of the workouts was done.

It's a great program! Lots of running stores sponsor couch25k training groups in the spring! You should see if there is one near you. You get the training and the added benefit of a group of like-minded people to run with. It's great motivation! Even if you can't find a group to run the program with, do it on your own! You can do it!

I just stuck to the three times a week as dictated by the plan, I think I repeated one of the weeks as I wasn't ready to jump from running 8 minutes to running 12 minutes the next week. (I was using the runnersworld.co.uk version)

Have you started your running yet?

• 3 weeks later...

I've just started the c25k plan again today, I've done it before but my spinal injury means I need to avoid running outside due to terrain changes etc. I managed to buy a bargainous treadmill to enable me to run indoors and I've just done week 1, run 1. it is amazing just how unfit I have become again. I'm excited to see how fit I can get though :)

Archived