Olives

Lime seltzer

Lunch:

Marinara sauce on spaghetti squash

Spinach and tomatoes with mayo

Hard boiled egg

Half paleo pack

Dinner:

Treat! I know I'll probably feel terrible tomorrow, but it was yummy. Yes, I totally indulged in some HD (can't spell it) ice cream. I'm not going to start all over, but I won't count today, so my Whole 30 will end on August 1.

Partially I was celebrating a victory at work today, and partially I really want to be able to have a treat one evening and go right back to my proper lifestyle tomorrow.

Linda

You know you won't really be able to see what the real effects of going 30 days without dairy and sugar right? That's a big part of what a W30 is about - finding out what the difference is for your own health between a totally clean diet and a not so clean diet. You won't know that information without doing the W30 as written. It's not a challenge to see which of us can do it "better" or faster, it's a challenge for yourself. If you cheat on the rules, you cheat yourself.

Actually thinking about this, choosing to cheat and then just not count the one day could cheat other people too. You really aren't going to find out what 30 days clean could do, but you may decide to tell somebody that doing a W30 really didn't help you or didn't deliver the promised miracles. (I don't actually remember those) So tricking yourself into thinking that occasional cheats are ok so long as you don't count that individual day, could lead to you misleading someone else about the value of a clean diet. It's not fair to them or you.

This would be a good time IMO to deal out some tough love to yourself. I've done a restart. It didn't kill me, it won't kill you.

I hear what you're saying and understand and appreciate your desire to help...however, I don't see this as a "cheat" or "against the rules." Words like that tend to make me obsess about my calories and my weight and all kinds of things. I need to strike that balance between choosing to do what's best for my body and not letting the occasional indulgence take me down for good. Calling it "cheating" makes me feel guilty and worthless and like I might as well give up...and I'm not going to do that this time around.

I already *know* it works for me, and I've already sung its praises to other people. I love the results I've gotten so far, and I don't want to go back permanently to that old lifestyle!

If I don't get all the info I want due to this "break" after the next 19 days, I'll extend another 11 to get those 30 straight days in. But I refuse to beat myself up...

I'm not saying you should feel guilty. I'm not saying you should beat yourself up. I am saying that you won't know what the actual effects of eating clean for 30 days is. By definition, a W30 is dairy, sugar, grain, legume and alcohol free completely for 30 days in a row. You would be more honest with yourself if you chose to restart.

That's all I have to say. It's your life, your decisions.

------------

As it turns out, I do have one other thing to say. I know you can do this. There is no reason for you to give up. You just need to keep working at it. If you make a mistake, intentionally or not, you pick yourself up and do it again the right way. You just keep working at it. You have to know that doing it is for you, not for anyone else, but for you and your own benefit.

Back to work today!

Breakfast:

Organic hot dog

2 hard boiled eggs

Olives

Carrots

Prunes

Lunch:

Fish

Cauliflower cous-cous w/smushed tomatoes

Spinach

Tomatoes

Coconut cream Larabar

Dinner:

1/2 serving breakfast hash (leftover)

2 eggs

Spinach and tomatoes with W30 mayo

Prunes

I have to admit, feeding the sugar dragons yesterday made them bold, but I put them back in their cage...

Woohoo!

Breakfast:

2 eggs scrambled with 2 organic hot dogs, spinach, and tomatoes

Prunes

Workout at Crossfit:

200 m run. 3 hollow body, 3 planks. 10 pushups, 10 air squats.

Reviewed: push press.

New skills: front squat, goblet (or as I like to call it, goblin) squat, thruster, rowing. 5 each of the squats and thrusters, 300 m rowing.

WOD: 3 rounds, for time:

300 m rowing

10 thrusters

10 ring rows

I was beat!

Post-workout meal:

1/2 Chicken breast

Half sweet potato

Lunch:

Chicken salad (canned chicken, scallion tops, walnuts, mustard and mayo)

Red leaf lettuce

Carrots

Raspberries

Spiritual meal: Mass :)

Dinner:

Bass my husband and stepson caught yesterday - YUM

Sauteed in olive oil: butternut squash, yellow squash, red pepper, orange pepper

Prunes

Really tired...night all!

7/15

Feeling so tired today. It was quite a week last week, then I have worked really hard the last two days working out and getting food ready for the week. I enjoy it, but being on your feet for so long wears a body out, especially after the workout yesterday!

Breakfast:

2 eggs with red leaf lettuce

Pork sausage

Pluot

Lunch:

Canned chicken w/mayo

Mixed veggie leftovers

Peach

Archived