Starting over again...

LindaLee

Not necessarily TODAY, but this evening, for sure...

Had a great breakfast - my spinach/sausage/egg dish (supposed to be quiche but I overdid the spinach, LOL) plus carrots and a banana

Lunch - ah, this is where I slipped...went to Pad Thai and had Pad See Ew with shrimp plus a couple of mints to dispel the garlic.

Back on track for dinner...

Hardboiled egg

Sweet potato with clarified butter

Cooked up some turkey sausage that needed to be used and had a bit of that

Oh, I'm still excited about meeting my trainer tomorrow!

Wow...woke up this morning feeling positively HORRIBLE (the Pad See Ew yesterday? The ice cream earlier? whatever...) but now I feel much better!

For breakfast I had:

Turkey sausage (the rest of what I made last night)

Spinach

Tomatoes

Olives

Banana

I then went to my training - that was amazing too. Feel kind of embarrassed that I'm a bit of a weenie, but she was very encouraging. I loved rowing. Couldn't ever quite get the "push press jerk" move, but I think I'm overthinking it.

The bonus? Afterward, I got to go the farmer's market. What a smorgasbord! I restrained myself on the veggies since we have a ton at home that needs to be eaten, but I did get some fresh cherry tomatoes (so good) and blackberries (ohmygoodness). The biggest score, though, was a nice selection of grassfed meat. I got some pork steaks, some ground beef, and some hot dogs (such a good snack for me), and managed to get it all home under a bag of ice without it thawing.

On the way home I had some macadamia nuts - it was long past lunch time, and I keep these in my purse for just such emergencies. For daily things I think I'll keep a paleo pack in there, but I don't want it to go bad.

Lunch:

Hard boiled egg

Organic hot dog

Carrots

Some of those yummy tomatoes!

Handful of luscious blackberries

Right now am enjoying some homemade flavored water...with a nice note of lime.

All in all, a great day so far, even if it is 102 out there!

Dinner:

Grilled chicken

Sautee'd in coconut oil: squash and green beans

Hazelnuts

Tomatoes

YUM!

Hmmm...not sure what happened last night. Felt kind of...itchy. Took a Benadryl and that helped, but man...this is interesting. I used to take a couple of Benadryl and still be wired, but last night this one knocked me out completely. Hope it wasn't the coconut milk - maybe I had too much coconut between the coconut oil I cooked with and the coconut milk with the blackberries. That's really the only thing I had that was different, but I would be so bummed if I was somehow allergic to it!

So I woke up kind of dopey and the craving for a Diet Dew was STRONG. Thus far, I've resisted it, and I've had my tea, and I don't drink more than one serving of caffeine a day, so hopefully that'll take care of it. If I get a craving, I'll have a LaCroix cran-raspberry for my treat. Otherwise, I've been drinking some water I made with lime slices, that's been pretty good.

Anyway, so far today has been good. It's 9:30 and it's already 91 here, headed for a high of 103. I got up and started some laundry, hoping to have it done early enough that I can cool down the basement before bedtime tonight (our bedroom is in the basement). Found a scorpion in the sink, which was a bit of a shock, LOL.

Breakfast:

Nice scramble with 2 eggs, a little left over chicken from last night, spinach (I love spinach), cucumbers, squash and onion, cooked in olive oil

Carrots

Olives

Half banana (trying to spread these out per Whole30 advice)

No morning snacks - was still dragging, so kind of took it easy, doing laundry and a few other minor chores. It's also hot hot here. Went to the grocery and actually wasn't a bit tempted to buy anything bad for me!

Lunch:

Tuna salad from the Success Guide

Spinach and tomatoes with homemade mayo

Blackberries

All washed down with some LaCroix water - mixed a cran-raspberry with a lime, and yummmy....

Spent the evening chopping veggies and making some breakfast dishes...

Dinner:

Steak prepared by the hubby!

Spinach

Tomatoes

Carrots

All tossed in 1/2 tbs homemade mayo

Cantaloupe

Have a raging headache from caffeine withdrawal!

On the way to work: three half pieces Primal Pack jerky (less than one serving)

Breakfast:

Hash

Carrots

1/2 banana

Snack: 1/2 piece primal pack jerky

About 11:30-11:45 - energy completely crashed, so I ate lunch.

Lunch

Tuna Salad

Jerky (4 half pieces)

Spinach

Tomatoes

Craved sweets or chips, some junk food. Felt really tired and kind of brain dead. Lightheaded (this happened before).

About 2:00, I had drunk a lot of water and waited, so I decided I was truly hungry. Had a handful of cashews.

After work, I did my Couch to FiveK workout - I had to start over, but I walked 3.8 mph and ran 4.5 (my new shoes made it easier), so I figure I did about 2 miles.

Dinner:

Chicken

Veggies in olive oil

Spinach

Tomatoes

Blackberries in coconut milk

I'm not entirely sure if I'm on day 3 or day 4...I'm going to say Day 3. Day 3 without Dew...

Breakfast:

Chorizo Quiche from the Success Guide

Tea

Water

Hardboiled egg

Banana

Lunch:

Tuna salad from the Success guide

Spinach

Tomatoes

Carrots

Macadamia nuts

Felt tired and depressed all afternoon

Went against my promise and weighed myself - I haven't lost any more since last week and am in fact about a pound up, but given my eating habits last week, that's not too bad.

Tried to just sit with the feelings and see what was wrong. I think I'm depressed because I don't have more energy. I was hoping to start seeing some positive changes. Last time, even after just a few days, I felt more energy and was experiencing a lot less inflammation. That's not happening this time.

Dinner

Spaghetti squash with marinara sauce from the Success Guide

Ground beef

Prunes

Tried making the kale chips but didn't have much success...will try again with a head of kale rather than chopped kale.

Don't weigh yourself. You're on Day 3! Deep breaths. :)

To put it in perspective, since February I've been doing bodyweight exercises and I did not weigh myself all that time plus halfway through the Whole30, and I'd lost 6 whole pounds at that point. I feel like a totally different animal though.

That's a great point...and I remember when I was hitting workouts really hard, that I gained both inches and weight before the fat started coming off. I usually don't weigh myself because I get so obsessive about it in both directions, but tonight I was feeling so low that I wanted to see. I was encouraged, but also discouraged when I think about what that number might have been if I hadn't had my little trip off-rails last week.

I'm starting a Crossfit foundations class next Monday, so it'll be interesting to see what happens...first, if I have one bit of energy to do it, LOL, because I'll be on day 9 at that point...and second, what a difference it makes in my body.

Nervous and excited...sigh...

Good Luck with your Crossfit, i'm sure the community environment there will help give you energy :)

I'm on day 3 and i'm sleepy, but feeling somewhat light, which is a good thing. Its nice to know i'm no the only one feeling energyless in the afternoons..........

I hope it gives me energy and doesn't depress to see a bunch of 20 year olds kicking my tail, LOL!

I'm feeling better this morning - still kind of tired and "hungover," but since it's a holiday and I don't have to work, that helps a bit.

Breakfast:

Big egg scramble with 4 eggs, spinach, squash and just a touch of onion

Tomatoes

Banana

Headed to our "second home" to be with my stepson...

Lunch:

Salmon

Spinach, tomatoes, carrots, mustard

Macadamia nuts

Prunes

Hard boiled egg

Just finished a really quick high/low intensity workout. It was

8 sets of:

20 seconds AMRAP air squats then 10 seconds rest

20 seconds AMRAP situps then 10 seconds rest (I seriously have a rug burn from doing this! Need to get my mat out)

20 seconds high intensity run in place followed by 10 seconds slower walk

8 minutes brisk walk. I was supposed to do 20 minutes but I got bored :)

Still feel kinda icky but it felt good to get my heart rate up a little. It's not a Marissa 7 miles ;), but I'll take it, LOL!

Excellent job on the workout... 8 minutes is better than nothing :)

if i'm bored i like to do a hill climb, increases the heart rate, and if you're only going for 8mins you'll get a ltitle more bang for your buck;)

20 minutes total with the strength stuff...much shorter than my usual 60 minute Firm-a-thon.

I definitely would've gone outside, but it was 102 today, and that's too hot for me right now. We're surrounded by hills, though, that's an excellent idea! Next time I'll just brave it!

Dinner was a special treat of two bison brats with mustard, then a spinach-tomato-carrot salad, followed by blackberries in coconut milk.

Hope everyone had a great 4th!

Thursday morning...gonna be another scorcher here.

4 eggs scrambled with spinach and tomatoes

Carrots

Banana

Tea

Snack: 1/3 primal pak (this is a small piece of dried jerky, dried fuit, and a few nuts)

Lunch:

Tuna

Spinach

Tomatoes

Carrots

(my veggies always sound familiar, don't they? LOL...)

Blackberries

Snack: hard boiled egg

Dinner (planned):

Organic hot dogs wrapped in red lettuce leaves

Broccoli with clarified butter

Prunes

Friday 7/6

Well, after yesterday's little "sugar" revelation, I'm sticking to basic, basic meats until we can grind our own.

Breakfast:

Breakfast hash

Carrots

Olives

Lunch:

Tuna with mayo

Hard boiled egg

Spinach

Carrots

Banana

Snack:

Lara bar

Dinner:

Hamburger

Egg

Squash

Tomatoes

Coconut milk

Raspberries

Day 6 done!

I feel pretty good!

Breakfast:

Chicken breast in a little olive oil

Two eggs

Tomatoes

Carrots

Banana

Lunch:

Salmon

Spinach

Tomatoes

Olives

Mayo

Carrots

Raspberries

Family gathering - I did well! There were devilled eggs and ice cream - two of my favorites - but I resisted! I did have a little too much fruit, but that's all.

I had:

Chicken breast

Half hard boiled egg

Eggplant, squash, zucchini

"Cole slaw" - my sister in law, God bless her!!! Made a batch that was Whole30 compliant, with cabbage, carrots, olive oil, cashews ground up in the food processor, lemlon juice and a prune. I've never liked cole slaw, but this was DELICIOUS!

Mixed fresh fruit

Prunes

Yummy! I'm so full right now!

Breakfast:

2 eggs scrambled with half chicken breast, spinach, tomatoes in coconut oil (1 tbsp)

Tea

Water

Banana

Didn't get to have lunch - ended up running to Whole Foods on my way home from house #2...spent way too much time puttering around there, LOL...

Snacked on:

Hazelnuts

Lara bar (coconut creme...yum!!!)

Dinner:

Some kind of frozen fish, LOL - cod? Halibut? Not sure

"Cauliflower cous-cous" from the Success Guide, topped with crushed tomatoes - YUM

Breakfast

Breakfast hash

Carrots

Lunch

Chicken salad with celery, mustard, W9mayo

Spinach

Tomatoes

1/3 primal pak mix

Handful Mac nuts

Preworkout

Hamburger

Avocado

Dinner

Fish

Cauliflower cous-cous with squash and chopped tomatoes

Hot dog

Fruit

First night of Crossfit Foundations class...TOUGH!!!

Thanks! That stuff was tough, and that's just the Foundations class!

Today:

Breakfast:

Breakfast hash

Tomatoes

Prunes

Lunch:

Marinara sauce (from the success guide)

Spaghetti squash

1 hot dog mixed in <g>

Prunes

Spinach

Dinner

STEAK!

Squash, bell peppers, and zucchini sautee'd in olive oil

Raspberries in coconut milk

Plantain chips (just got them in and had to try some)

Could not sleep last night - kept waking up and having to pee, plus these weird little heart flutters. Decided to cut back some on fruit and be sure I wasn't eating too late.

Today:

Breakfast hash

Carrots

Water (lime seltzer)

Tea

Still hungry at 10:00 and this is my workout day, so I had:

3 pieces of jerky and nuts from the Primal Pak

Lacroix water

That really did the trick.

Lunch:

Huge portion of chicken salad (shredded chicken breast with celery and W9 mayo) - couldn't even finish it all so I saved the rest for dinner

Spinach and tomatoes with mayo

Raspberries

Had a raging headache when it was time to leave work. Decided I wasn't going to go to my Crossfit class tonight, but the more I thought about it, the less I wanted to wimp out. So I thought, maybe the headache is from hunger. So I decided to eat my dinner, do a little shopping that I needed to get done, then see how I felt.

Dinner

Rest of chicken salad

Avocado

Small piece of chicken breast

Felt much better so decided to go to Crossfit. Had tons of energy for the workout - it helped that it was much less intense one, but still, we worked hard.

Post-workout:

Egg whites

Frozen sole

Cooked together in 1 tbsp coconut oil

Archived