Whew, that was close

I'm on day 24 today, I am so close to finishing strong.

Today was such a strange day, I was just feeling rebellious I guess.

It's Friday, I don't work tomorrow, it is beautiful out, I am around friends and family, and geesh, I just wanted a cocktail like everyone else.

I had it in my head, I was just going to make one cocktail for myself, I looked up the least, uh, poisonous options and decided on a Nor-Cal Margarita, shot of pure agave tequila, juice of one lime, soda water and a cocktail shaker, done and done.

I already had all the ingredients, minus the limes, so I went and got them, had everything out and ready to go. Whipping up some dinner so I had some food with my drink and it hit me, "what the Hell am I doing? I have been so strong, not one person who has seen me in the past two weeks has gone without telling me how great I am looking, I am feeling incredible. I have withstood peer pressure and boredom for nearly a month. Stupid stupid, but I still wanted to have a drink.

I decided to make my drink, all the stuff in it, without the tequila, I would drink one, then, if I still wanted to, I could have my margarita, the real deal, I would live with the possible guilt and probable hangover in the morning.

I never did make that margarita, I made 4 glasses of soda water with my Soda Stream, with a squeeze of lime wedge in each one, it was delightful, refreshing, and helped me outlast that craving for rebellion.

6 more days...I can do pretty much anything for six days.

Cheers soda water.

Yeah, way to outlast.

It's interesting to kind of sit in the middle of that kind of an emotional rebellion and feel the struggle going on. I think it means you really are developing the emotional tools you'll need for when you're done, to off-road with pleasure and confidence, without totally rolling your own bike.

Nice work.

Like Old Farmer said, those psychological habits are strong. But you are changing things! Nice work recognizing and making the choice—not the habitual action—about what you want!

Archived