Sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!!

So after many moons of atkins I'm here to step up my game, get even healthier and hopefully (cross your fingers) finally lose ALL the weight. I have a loose diagnosis (no ultrasound to verify) of having PCOS which makes weightloss a struggle. I've been on a diet pretty much since the age of 11 and I'm sick sick sick, sick and tired of being overweight and having low to no energy. I get it, working 12 hours a day plus school can get pretty exhausting but why should I have to accept exhaustion in the morning when I only just got up from sleeping an 8-10 hour night. Another lifestyle change is needed. Looking forward to seeing improvements in my PCOS, weight, body composition, mood and overall well being. I did a trial run yesterday as a pre whole 30 and I must say I slept amazingly, woke up and popped out of bed easily and today all and all I feel great!!! Cheers to the next 30 days. :P

Hello Niccole! I'm on Day 3 of my Whole 30...i also felt amazing the first day. Today, not so much. I'm just looking for more support since I don't have any friends or family members who are doing this with me. Maybe we could share our trials and tribulations? Good luck to you on Day 1 and let me know how it goes!

Welcome, Niccole! I, too, am an Atkins refugee. I did it their way forever, I weighed, I measured, I logged, I posted my foods on Fat Secret, I joined the forums and special groups within the forums, and I struggled and struggled and struggled. I never lost the weight I wanted to lose, and I felt forced to obsess over food day and night.

This is so much easier, and so much healthier. So long as I follow the meal template, I don't have to weigh or measure or count anything. And I have steadily lost weight. Instead of artificial sweeteners and Atkins food that is just a chemical stew, I eat fresh whole foods. The recipes I have found here and on other paleo boards are fabulous. I don't have to limit my veggies, I can have as much as I want until I am satisfied.

I think you will be very happy here.

Hi Prestoke22! :D Congrats on making it to day 3! (Even if it isn't going so smoothly you're still lapping everyone that hasn't started!) What's making today harder than day 1? It seems like there are plenty of experienced people here to help if you want to elaborate maybe someone will chime in and tell us it's temporary. As far sharing our trials and tribulations, I would love to share those with you although I'm pretty sure once you're friends and family see how good you're looking and feeling they'll get on board. Isn't that the way it always works?

Day one is going pretty good. I had eggs with scrambled in veggies for breakfast, a little fruit (berries) for snack and then Halibut with steamed veggies for lunch. Soooo yummy. So far so good..

Welcome, Niccole! I, too, am an Atkins refugee. I did it their way forever, I weighed, I measured, I logged, I posted my foods on Fat Secret, I joined the forums and special groups within the forums, and I struggled and struggled and struggled. I never lost the weight I wanted to lose, and I felt forced to obsess over food day and night.

This is so much easier, and so much healthier. So long as I follow the meal template, I don't have to weigh or measure or count anything. And I have steadily lost weight. Instead of artificial sweeteners and Atkins food that is just a chemical stew, I eat fresh whole foods. The recipes I have found here and on other paleo boards are fabulous. I don't have to limit my veggies, I can have as much as I want until I am satisfied.

I think you will be very happy here.

That sounds EXACTLY like what I was going through! Weighing and counting and tracking every single second of every single day only to end up disappointed in the end because the scale hadn't moved even with my best efforts. I was just tired of the guilt. Obsessing over every carb, wondering if I'd measured correctly. The bars, sugar alcohols, artificial sweeteners, and the cap on veggies. I agree this does seem healthier. I think the final push from Atkins to Whole 30 when I started reading the studies on the artificial sweeteners (not one of them is good for anyone), not to mention the whole load of information out there on the links between cancer and dairy. I just want to be healthy. I truly do believe our food and lifestyle have the ability to either make us healthy or make us sick . I'm very glad to be here.

Hi Prestoke22! :D Congrats on making it to day 3! (Even if it isn't going so smoothly you're still lapping everyone that hasn't started!) What's making today harder than day 1? It seems like there are plenty of experienced people here to help if you want to elaborate maybe someone will chime in and tell us it's temporary. As far sharing our trials and tribulations, I would love to share those with you although I'm pretty sure once you're friends and family see how good you're looking and feeling they'll get on board. Isn't that the way it always works?

Day one is going pretty good. I had eggs with scrambled in veggies for breakfast, a little fruit (berries) for snack and then Halibut with steamed veggies for lunch. Soooo yummy. So far so good..

For day 3 I found that I had a dull never ending headache. Also I just felt sluggish and almost lazy...but according to the timeline that's what's to be expected. Did you put anything on your steamed veggies? I'm not a huge fan of veggies plain (yet) so I'm just curious!

Good morning & happy day number 2!!! Last night I slept like crap. Amazingly enough I STILL popped out of bed with ease. I am definitely liking that part of it. :) Well this morning I am doing well but I noticed my meals (breakfast & lunch) don't seem to have enough veggies today. :( Wondering if yesterdays 3 cups count towards today... LOL will have to research. :)

Prestoke22-Sorry to hear of the headache. I had that as well yesterday. Hang in there missy. To answer your question the veggies were seasoned with sea salt while cooking but usually I'll do salt, fresh pepper and minced garlic. Have you tried spaghetti squash yet? Perhaps experiment with your veggies until you find the ones you like!

Oh dear lord help me...this morning and last night have been rough. I don't even eat high sugary treats and suddenly I'm drawn to the rice crispy treats at vending machine. What gives? Its not as if they were in my diet pre whole30, why would I crave them now?

Oh dear lord help me...this morning and last night have been rough. I don't even eat high sugary treats and suddenly I'm drawn to the rice crispy treats at vending machine. What gives? Its not as if they were in my diet pre whole30, why would I crave them now?

I think this is just your brain rebelling. It's like when I was pregnant and hadn't smoked in forever and suddenly really wanted to smoke--in my mind at least, the smell would've made me puke--because it was something I absolutely could not do.

It'll pass. Eating some fatty meat kills a sugar craving for me.

Bad sugar cravings last night. If I'd not cleaned the house out of all the sugary junk Id have been I'm big trouble but the good news is I didn't slip.

Things I've learned the past few days:

I don't NEED coffee.

The more veggies in the meal the less salt that's needed for flavor.

I cannot eat nuts in moderation so I cannot keep them in the house.

I love avocado!

Planning is crucial.

I triple the planning necessity! even now, post whole, I need to plan plan plan. pain in the arse, but I love the old saying "those who don't plan plan to fail"

TOM sucks. eat a lot of fat (avocado, etc) and that might help send the cravings on their way. maybe. :)

Archived