Day 3 of Whole30 and looking for some online support!

Prestoke22

Hello all, I'm on Day 3 of my very first Whole30 and I'm struggling terribly. My sugar dragon is roaring, I'm exhausted, and am already bored with eggs for breakfast. My head is also aching...just as the timeline said it would.

I'm just looking for some online support since I don't have anyone in my circle of friends or family who is willing to complete this with me.

Thanks in advance for anyone who replies to this!

P.s. How do I do a better job of preparing...I struggle in this area. I have a ton of food that I bought in advance but I struggle with the cooking part. Any suggestions?

Hi and welcome! I am still new to this myself (only on Day 10) and am also in the Milwaukee area :)

I found Day 3 and Day 4 to be my hardest days so far ... dealing with no soda and no starchy carb snacks all day long. But it is getting better! I am now eating one sweet potato per day and ususally half an avocado per day - those items along with homemade mayo have really reduced my irritability!! I feel like I am eating way more fat than pre W30, but I am seeing results.

I have been struggling with food prep too. I have been relying on frozen veggies and frozen tilapia at tough "what do I have for dinner?" moments. I made a breakfast casserole ahead of time for this week which is getting me through breakfast. I also make batches of hard boiled eggs, baked chicken breasts, and 6 oz steaks so I have left overs and don't have to cook multiple meals each day. I am definitely spending more time in the kitchen overall, but it hasn't been too much to handle.

Good luck!

Hi, I am on day 1 of my 2nd Whole30. I had an email buddy from this forum during my first and it really helped. Feel free to email me anytime! Food prep is hard for me this time because I'm in the middle of a home addition and my entire kitchen (except for the oven and fridge) was torn out yesterday!!! I have NO sink or counter. This is going to be tough. But I recommend searching on-line, there are lot's of Whole30 recipes out there. I also have a bunch of cookbooks I love. WellFed and Everyday Paleo are probably my favorite. Good Luck!

Practical Paleo is another good book. Well Fed might be the best first purchase for a whole30. She spends a lot of time teaching on doing a weekly cookup which will help a lot with meal prep. I'm sure one of the moderators will eventually say this, but if you are getting tired of eggs for breakfast eat something else. Anything else. Think of it as Meal 1. Doesn't have to be "breakfast food". I personally LOVE eggs so I'm fine eating them everyday but not everyone is.

I'm on day three as well! I actually test drove a couple of days before that, but this is my third day "official." I'm doing the AIP since some environmental issues the last few months have led me to be sensitive to almost everything. I'd like to make sure this 30-day period is as healing as possible!

I hadn't cooked much before, but I'm enjoying perusing recipes and knowing I'll get to them someday. Right now, I'm keeping it pretty basic and accepting that I'll gather recipes as I go. So far, I've tested out a couple of stews, and even found out I'm allergic (not sensitive, actually allergic, d'oh!) to celery in the process of making my first bone broth.

Having stews on hand is GREAT. It's not that much time up front, and you get several meals out of 'em.

Also prevalent for me to date: skillet chicken, hamburger patties, baked salmon with avocado oil, kale chips, and today, blueberry liver. That was a super simple recipe that made liver palatable to me. It's exciting to know that, day by day, I'm going to become a competent and healthy master of my own meals. I keep telling myself this when I'm frustrated with how much I don't know at the moment. :D

Feel free to email me! I got the Nom Nom Paleo app yesterday and a book for Paleo Autoimmune Protocol, but now I'm off to buy Well Fed based on the comments above.

Hi everyone! I just joined the forum today and I'm sorry I missed this post yesterday because I was on day 3 as well. It was tough! I definitely felt like I had a hangover. Ugh. And today I feel better but my mood is blah.

Thank you for the meal prep suggestions because I already feel like I've spent a year in the kitchen prepping, planning and eating meals.

I'm on maternity leave right now and I'm really scared for when I go back to work and how I'm going to keep this up!

Reading posts on the forum has been great so I plan to use this a ton during my Whole30. I've NEVER EVER in my life gone this long without sugar and it is hard but I'm really proud of myself so far. I really hope I can keep it up!!!

Good luck to us all!!

Also, this week I've already made 3 recipes from NomNom Paleo's ipad app. The Salsa and Guacamole for our "Taco" night on day 2. I used ground turkey and seasoned it with cumin, chili powder, green peppers and some of the salsa. Then made a side of bell peppers and onions sauteed in a little cocout oil and we rolled the turkey, peppers, salsa and guac in big butter lettuce leaves. It was great!

Then yesterday I made NomNom Paleo's Slow Cooker Beef and Tomato Stew with roasted sweet potatoes on the side. It was AMAZING!

Hope those suggestions help!

I finished my W30 yesterday and these forums have been the best! The support and knowledge here helped me tremendously especially since I was doing this on my own as well. Even though I love cooking, there were days I didn't want to cook a thing! Thankfully, I always make at least 2 extra servings so I can just reheat. Some meals just contained hard-boiled eggs with Applegate Naturals Roast Beef (bought at Trader Joe's) with 1/2 avocado, carrot sticks and cucumber or celery (this became a regular breakfast for me! ;) ). Avocado and Hard-Boiled Eggs go surprisingly well together!

It's going to take trial and error as you get to know your body better and what it needs. Read the logs under "Your Whole30 Log" to get some ideas and to learn about what has helped others going through the same thing as you. Also, have you created a log there too? I found it was a great tool to see what changes occurred during my journey as well as where I needed to make some tweaks!

And any questions you have, don't be afraid to ask! We've all gone through it or are going through it now! B)

Archived