MarissaLinnea's July Whole 30

MarissaLinnea

7/1/12

B: two coffee's with coconut milk and coconut oil, four eggs scrambled with bell peppers, onions and about six oz grassfed beef

Workout: slow running for about an hour

L: 10oz new york steak, cabbage and peppers sauteed in EVOO and ghee

S: coffee w/ coconut milk, martinated green olives

D: chicken fajitas wrapped in cabbage leaves with salsa

S: pink lady apple w/ almond butter, raspberries with manna

7/2/12

B: two coffees w/ coconut milk and coconut oil, four eggs scrambled with peppers and onions, with 8oz grassfed burger

Workout: running 7 miles

L: canned chicken breast with whole avocado and black olives, 1/2 large sweet potato

S: coffee with coconut milk, some green olives

D: 10oz grassfed burger, sauteed cauliflower, carrots and brussel sprouts

S: half an apple with almond butter, raspberries with manna and coconut milk

Since reintroducing fruit back into my diet, I have again become very gassy and bloated all day. Going to cut out fruits again and see how I feel in a few days.

7/3/12

B: two coffees w/ coconut milk and oil, six eggs with sauteed carrots, cauli and brussel sprouts and 3/4 avocado

Workout: Fire 30 and HIIT20

L: 10oz grassfed burger, small salad with carrots and orange bell pepper, balsamic and EVOO, sweet potato, a few green olives

S: coffee with coconut milk

D: grassfed burger, spaghetti squash and home made spaghetti sauce, sauteed cabbage, kale and red bell pepper

S: almond butter and manna

7/4/12

B: six eggs scrambled with leftover veggies, two coffees with coconut milk and oil

Day off from workout

S: almonds, walnuts and macadamias

D: Ribeye, pulled pork and salad with EVOO and avocado

S: almonds, walnuts, green olives

7/3/12

Workout: Fire 30 and HIIT20

Are these workouts from TurboFire, by any chance? I LOVE that program, but I had to stop working out back in late April due to a bad hamstring strain, and I'm still not 100% on that leg. I'm slowly working my way back up to doing something like that, and I can't wait to get back at it!

Are these workouts from TurboFire, by any chance? I LOVE that program, but I had to stop working out back in late April due to a bad hamstring strain, and I'm still not 100% on that leg. I'm slowly working my way back up to doing something like that, and I can't wait to get back at it!

Yes, from Turbo Fire! I am so in love with TF! I know that to be Primal you are not supposed to do "chronic cardio", but I love my workouts and I'm not giving them up!

7/5/12

B: four fried eggs with peppers and roast pork butt, two coffees with coconut milk and oil

S: almonds, pink lady apple with almond butter and manna

D: grassfed burger, spaghetti squash with sauce, sauteed veggies

S: almonds and manna

And I'm in phase 1 week 2 of Chalean Extreme :) love her , so motivating.

Derval, I was in the Lean phase of Chalean Extreme when I hurt my hamstring (I didn't hurt it doing her workout--that happened while warming up to take a belt test at Tae Kwon Do). Love that one, too--there's a lot of good whole-body movements, particularly in the Burn and Lean phases. And I like Chalene's style, too!

Sorry, MarissaLinnea--we're totally hijacking your Whole30 log! I think the shorter HIIT workouts in TF would be perfect as Primal/Paleo "sprints." I've been reading Nora Gedgaudas' book Primal Body, Primal Mind, and she recommends high-intensity interval workouts of 20 minutes or less. I've also heard good things about kettlebells, so I'm thinking about trying those.

Sorry, MarissaLinnea--we're totally hijacking your Whole30 log! I think the shorter HIIT workouts in TF would be perfect as Primal/Paleo "sprints." I've been reading Nora Gedgaudas' book Primal Body, Primal Mind, and she recommends high-intensity interval workouts of 20 minutes or less. I've also heard good things about kettlebells, so I'm thinking about trying those.

Yes, the HIIT's are good. I just love endurance cardio, always have. Ever since doing cross country running in high school, I've always loved endurance so my workouts are usually around an hour per day, occasionally longer. I guess I feel like the chronic cardio rule doesn't necessarily apply if you actually really enjoy doing it, lol!!! I tried bringing it down for awhile and trying to focus more on strength training, but I just couldn't hang and it was actually making me kinda depressed to not do my normal routine. So, I started back up again and I'm much happier this way. :)

7/6/12

B: four eggs fried with pork butt and peppers, two coffees with coconut milk and oil

Workout: Fire 60

L: grassfed burger, sweet potato, romaine and cabbage salad with peppers, olives, carrots, EVOO and balsamic, almonds and manna

S: almond butter, coffee with coconut milk

D: grassfed burger, spaghetti squash with sauce

S: almonds

7/7/12

B: four egg scramble with veggies and grassfed burger, two coffees with coconut milk

Workout: 7 mile run

L: grassfed burger, chicken breast, sweet potato, cabbage salad with peppers, evoo and balsamic, avocado, almonds

S: coffee w/ coconut milk

D: grassfed burger, sauteed cabbage, onions and kale

S: two bananas with coconut milk, manna

7/8/12

Going to start following low FODMAP diet. I'm having severe gas and bloating, as well as very loose stools every morning. It looks as though some of my food isn't being properly digested (BM are weird color and oily). This could explain why my workouts have become increasingly difficult over the last week since I have increased my vegetable intake. Also, energy level seems to be going down instead of increasing as it should be on W30. I have gone FODMAP route before and felt amazing, but didn't do it long enough to heal my gut. So, today is day one of low FODMAP, I will do this for a month and try to introduce more variety of fruits/veggies after that time.

B: four fried eggs with grassfed burger, two coffees w/ coconut milk

S: banana

Workout: 4.2 mile run

L: chicken salad with avocado, black olives, orange bell pepper and pickles, banana, sweet potato

D: grassfed burger, 1/2 acorn squash with ghee and cinnamon

S: olives, manna, kombucha

7/9/12

B: Four eggs scrambled with orange bell pepper, plantain slices fried in CO, two coffees w/ coconut milk

Workout: Fire 45 and Lower Body 20

L: grassfed burger, salad with carrots, avocado, chicken breast, evoo and balsamic, 1/2 acorn squash with cinnamon

D: sauteed chicken breast, kale and sweet potato

S: one banana w/ a little manna and coconut milk

7/10/12

B: two coffees with coconut milk, five eggs scrambled with tri tip, 1/2 banana

Workout: Fire 45 EZ and HIIT 20

L: grassfed burger, salad with carrots, orange bell pepper, avocado, evoo and balsamic, 1/2 large sweet potato, pickles

D: 8 oz tri tip, spaghetti squash with 2tbsp clarified butter, salt and pepper

S: 1.5 banana with manna

7/11/12

B: Four eggs scrambled with orange bell pepper and 4oz tri tip, two coffees w/ coconut milk

L: chicken breast salad with carrots, bell pepper, 1/2 avocado, black olives and a large sweet potato

S: manna and coffee with coconut milk

D: chicken breast with sauteed kale

S: 1/2 banana and blueberries

7/12/12

B: three egg scramble with ground beef, bell pepper and zuchini, two coffees with coconut milk, 1/2 fried plantain with cinnamon

Workout: HIIT 30, Sculpt 30 and Lower 20

L: 1/2 banana, chicken breast, salad and sweet potato

S: blueberries, strawberries and manna, coffee with coconut milk

D: grassfed burger, chicken breast, zuchini and yellow squash

S: kombucha

7/13/12

So I'm feeling really frustrated this morning. After having bloating, horrible gas all night and the runs this morning, I have been thinking that I'm doing things right finally in following FODMAP, but still not getting the results I was hoping for. Just discovered (after having my breakfast and coffee this morning) that coconut products are actually high FODMAP, had no idea. So it's not surprising that I'm still having issues considering I consume coconut product on a daily basis. Sooooooo, that being said, I guess I will say adios to my coconut milk and manna *sniff, sniff* which is really sad, because I really do enjoy them. Healing my body and metabolism has turned into such a difficult task now, I can't believe it. I just want to get healed and get better, so I can get back to enjoying most foods and not have to be so restrictive. Although I will say that this has been a great exercise in discipline for me. And also, my cravings for sweets are a million times better than when I first went Primal in April, so I know some progress is being made.

B: five eggs scrambled with bell pepper and zuchini, two coffees with coconut milk, 1/2 banana

Workout: Fire 60

L: chicken salad with carrots, bell pepper, spinach, evoo, balsamic and 1/2 kabocha squash

S: large banana, black olives, 1/2 avocado and 1/3 sweet potato

D: grassfed burger, 1/4 kobucha squash, kale and spinach sauteed in ghee

S: banana and manna (yeah, I know, I need to quit the coconut)

MarissaLinnea, I am so sorry that you're having difficulty getting your food dialed in just right. And losing coconut. . . I feel for you, that is hard. I hope that you hit upon the right combination of foods very soon so you can feel better. Good luck!

Thanks so much! Yes, losing coconut is going to be a bit hit for me. I love it, and I use it a lot, every day. I just pray that I'm on the right path with the FODMAP diet and things start getting better for me. I've already eliminated so much from my diet, I guess it can't get much worse, lol!!

7/14/12

B: two coffees w/ coconut milk, five eggs scrambled with bell pepper and kale, 1/2 plantain fried in CO with cinnamon

Workout: Fire 45 and Core 20

L: grassfed burger, spinach salad with carrots, evoo and balsamic, banana, sweet potato

S: pink lady apple, manna, sweet potato with cinnamon, coffee with coconut milk

D: steak, spinach, kabocha squash

S: apple, banana and manna

Ate extra food today, but for some reason I'm having my cravings than normal today. I'm also very bloated and having a ton of gas. Sticking to low FODMAP is hard......I feel like I've already restricted my diet so much and to do more.....I don't know, FRUSTRATING!

Ok, going to recommit tomorrow to doing the low FODMAP. I really have to do this. My stomach is a mess.

7/15/12

Halfway through my Whole 30, yay!!! Going to try this low FODMAP again except that I will not be eliminating coconut milk for now. When I had success before I was still using coconut milk. Fingers crossed that in a week or two, I'm feeling a lot better. I can do this! :)

B: Four egg scrambled with grassfed burger, two coffees with coconut milk

Workout: ran 7.89 miles

L: Spinach salad with carrots, chicken, two hardboiled eggs, evoo, balsamic and one cup pureed pumpkin with cinnamon

S: three bubbies pickles, coffee with coconut milk

D: grassfed burger, spinach salad with bell pepper, evoo, balsamic, avocado and black olives

7/16/12

B: four eggs scrambled with bell pepper, two coffees with coconut milk, 1/2 plantain fried in CO

S: black olives, 1/2 plantain

L: spinach salad with chicken, peppers, carrots, black olives, evoo, balsamic, pickles, a banana, some sweet potato

Workout: Fire 45 EZ

S: coffee w/ coconut milk

D: grassfed burger, spinach salad with peppers, spaghetti squash with ghee

S: walnuts, raspberries, kombucha, apple, banana

Felt like I was seeing a little improvement this morning, but having a lot of gas again tonight. Going to go a few days w/out sweet potato to see if that helps.

Archived