Bride-to-be in 64 days...

klericksen

Hi! Well I didn't think I would ever look at the forum when I started, but here I am appreciating other's input and experiences. I am on day 4... and struggling a bit. I live alone and am a veterinary intern so I don't get much time off and I HATE shopping/cooking for one. I feel a bit tired and am still hungry between meals, but I'm still working on the cooking aspect - I need to have more variety. I ordered some whole-30 approved meat so that should make cooking much easier. My pantry is finally stocked (I think) with most of the oils and spices that will be used for a lot of the meals. I haven't stepped on my scale and don't intend to. There was free pizza and doughnuts at work which was easy to pass by, but I was disappointed in my leftovers so I will have to be better about cooking ahead of time. Anyway... any tips and encouragement are appreciated!

Definitely consider cooking up enough to have leftovers. We only cook 2-3 times a week (max) and we make almost all our meals at home. It's a lot more efficient, and really gives you the reserves you need to get through stressful days.

Well... I still get pretty hungry between meals but I'm not snacking, just drinking lots of water.

Today: day 4

Breakfast - sweet potato/butternut squash hash with two eggs over easy

Lunch: homemade crab cakes with homemade tartar sauce and a handful of almonds (I forgot my roasted vegetables at home)

Dinner: beef with broccoli and roasted sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and beets, handful of coconut flakes

How did I do? I made some pumpkin spice pancakes for tomorrow that have 1 tsp maple syrup in the recipe... Should I leave these for my fiancé and omit the maple syrup next time?

Thanks for your support and advice!

-always hungry...

If you are getting hungry between meals than you probably are still not eating enough. It's ok to add another mini meal if you are hungry. Those pancakes are not Whole30 compliant with the maple syrup and are probably a swypo.

How many whole eggs can you hold in your hand? I usually eat about 4 for breakfast. Did you add a fat to your breakfast?

Archived