Adding fat question

If you need some oil to cook your food, does that count as your fat? I'm assuming not, but I wanted to make sure.

If I use a little oil for dressing on a salad, I can still add avocado in a smaller quantity right?

Today is my first day and I thought I had it all figured out, but I guess questions come up once you're actually doing it.

Today's plan is:

breakfast - 3 eggs, 1/3 yellow bell pepper, 1/3 orange bell pepper, 1/3 sweet onion all sauteed in coconut oil served with 1/2 smooshed avocado

lunch - burger with sauteed onions (in coconut oil), 1/4-1/2 avocado, and roasted brussel sprouts (lightly coated in olive oil, balsalmic vinegar, sea salt)

dinner - meatloaf, mashed sweet potato, and a huge salad with olive oil/vinegar dressing

Your foods look great. Don't overthink the fat. Yes cooking fats count but some stays in the pan and there is nothing wrong with adding more if you want it. It will all even itself out and it's more problematic not to have enough fat.

What Susan said. Eat fat. I've been known to eat a whole avocado, some olives, and drizzled olive oil with a meal. This does not, technically, fit the template proportions, but if I know it's going to be a while until my next meal (I work a weird schedule) then I do it and I'm fine. Also, I'm kinda tiny. I would expect, based on nutritional "information" I've received all my life, that eating this way would make me balloon up and collapse from a massive heart attack. Nope! Further note: I've been eating Whole30 (or Whole30ish) off and on for about six months now, and I'm still, to this day, astonished at how much fat it takes for me to feel full. Actually, I'm astonished at how much FOOD, period, it takes for me to feel full. This is definitely an eating program for people who love to eat! So - enjoy!

Man, that meatloaf was really good!!! My 21mos son inhaled it too!!!!

Here is the recipe:

http://www.health-bent.com/beef/paleo-meatloaf

I didn't follow it to a T, but pretty close. I didn't defrost enough beef so it was a little less than 2 lbs. I used only 2/3 cup almond flour instead of a full cup. I put it all in a traditional meatloaf pan instead of two cake pans. I did not use the bacon. I had to cook it longer. It was super good! I'll be making that weekly I think. :)

I am just under a week in, and have just figured out this weekend my mistake has been not having enough fat. At meals I've been having the recommended protein portion (and sometimes a little bit more than recommended) and a ton of veg cooked in a reasonable amount of oil, and I still end up hungry. This morning I had a ton of veg and beef, with half an avocado, and I am feeling a lot more satiated than I have been any other day so far. Not full or anything, but I don't feel hungry, which is definitely going to make this easier. I didn't really love the avocado on it's own though, so I think I am going to whip up some guacamole to make it easy to throw a spoon or 2 into things.

I figure the avocado is likely a lot better for me than adding nut butter or nuts, For me, nut butter is totally food without breaks, so I am trying to limit it. So far I've had 1 tablespoon of it in a satay I made, and I've had 1 or 2 handfuls of almonds in the past 6 days, but that is it.

Archived