Day 20 and only NOW starting to crave things I can't have???

I have been positively Medieval when it comes to making sure I'm staying on program - very diligently looking through ingredients or just choosing not to eat something for fear of the unknown. More over I've just been eating protein and veg with some fruit and leaving it at that. I've felt very successful in just managing to stick to my guns about it, regardless of the health benefits...lol!

The issue is that I have a husband and small children who are NOT eating this way, and so, as their "everything" person I am also their chef - and cook things that I can't eat. There are even snacks and occasionally treats in the house and yet still, I haven't been enticed... until TODAY. Scrambled eggs with cheese... an English muffin with butter... coffee with cream and sugar... I just made them all breakfast and had to walk out of the kitchen. Even the smell of the toasted bread is killing me right now.

Why is this happening? Could it be that something snuck into my food that I didn't catch, thus making me crave? This is very craptastical to start happening when I'm so close to the 30 days...

Hi!

This timeline may help you:

http://whole9life.com/2013/01/whole30-timeline/

While what you are describing is documented here as occurring earlier than day 20, we are all different. This is the time when you really have to fight through it and tell your body and those evil cravings that they are not going to be the boss of you!

That, and maybe tell your family they need to eat in the garage ;).

I'm also on Day 20 and I've been having this come up just in the last few days. If I didn't know this was a finite thing, I might have gone off the wagon. As it is, I've started planning my reintroduction days like an upcoming vacation.

I'm *so* impressed that you can cook non-compliant food and not give in. That is a truly impressive feat. Keep up the good work.

I understand!! I cook all the meals in my house and I'm the only one who was doing my whole100, still today I won't eat a lot of food I make for my family (I feel like a horrible mother, but that's a whole 'nother issue). for ME I still have moments when I have a serious craving for whatever it is I'm making them (usually Kraft macaroni & cheese...that's the one that always gets me). some days are better than others. we went out to dinner tonight and on the way home they stopped and got ice cream and it was a sudden realization that it hadn't even occurred to me to have some (I'm past whole100). and I wasn't upset they were having it. it just wasn't an issue! now, the pizza they brought home the other night from my favorite pizza joint...that's another story! ;) I did give my husband an earful about it while I stewed in the kitchen making my chicken and cauliflower rice...

My wife and i are on day 21 of our first W30. For us, these cravings normally happen when we're bored with the food we've been eating to stay compliant. Fortunately, we've had some of the go-to meals the rely on when these cravings come up. One of our go-to meals is sliced apples and almond butter. Sometimes we go above and beyond the W30 amount guidelines, but it reduces the cravings for other non-compliant food. For us at least. Good luck.

I have to admit, I *am* a little bored with food. It's a lot of work caring for a 4 and 2 year old and then to make something new and exciting for myself - along with their regular meal - well, it's just not something I have the energy or enthusiasm for most nights...lol. I usually make a dish or two for myself every week and then eat from that all week long. Totally boring, but it's a no-brainer and it means I already have food prepared, so it also means I stay on the plan. Hoping to get more creative in the next few weeks since I plan to stay on and do possibly a Whole 50. Thanks for your input, all!

Archived