Starting June 1st with my Hubs

Myra Epp

I honestly wanted to try whole30 to help me with meal planning. It's a really big weakness of mine and I get overwhelmed by the all grocery possibilities. I like that whole30 narrows your food selection and promotes a healhty lifestyle change. We are starting the 1st of June because we have birthday parties, baby showers and bridal showers all the way up to memorial day weekend and then nothing in the month of June and our next big event is a wedding on July 2nd. I have a 5 month old, my second baby, and losing the baby weight has been much harder this time around for both my husband and I. We are excited and nervous about this new journey. 

• Moderators

Hi, Myra. 

There are different ways to do meal planning, so you may have to find what works for you through a little trial and error, but do know that it doesn't have to mean listing every meal for every day out on a calendar and then sticking to that. One thing that works for many people is something more like a weekly cookup, which you can read about here, or see in an actual one-week meal plan here. If this doesn't work for you, that's fine, it's just one method that many people like, and I know I hadn't ever heard of doing it that way when I first started Whole30.

As you're planning, keep in mind that reintroductions are just as important as your initial 30 days, so be sure you read up on that throughout your Whole30 to determine how you want to deal with your July event. You don't have to know that right now, but it's something you'll want to think about at some point.

Archived