Day 25 Almond butter troubles?!!

Hey all! Need some advice/your knowledge! I've been doing a Whole30 challenge and am on day 25. So far today I ate:

3 eggs, 1/2 a sweet potato, handful of kale, all cooked in approved bacon fat.

1 cup of cold brew coffee with Califia farms unsweetened almond milk

Lunch was Wild planet albacore tuna with chopped celery carrots almonds and primal avocado oil mayo with organic blueberries

Dinner was chicken marinated in a mix of onions, garlic, coconut aminos, and some spices which I've used before, roasted baby red potatoes, and some celery.

Then I ate an organic gala Apple with 2Tsbl of Justin's classic almond butter.

All of the above, besides the Justin's almond butter, I've pretty much eaten before in the challenge, with the exception of this time I didn't buy organic celery. Also in an interest to save money I bought the Justin's instead of the organic once again almond butter brand.

Not but 10 min after eating the almond butter I have a blister like rash on my chin. So I take a closer look and it says there is possible contact with soy and peanuts in the almond butter, and also Palm oil.

Could this be the trigger or should I think harder? Just frustrated because the rash is painful and I want to identify the culprit!!

Check the labels but I think in addition to peanut and soy contact, that there is also sugar in that peanut butter.  The only one that I think is OK unless you make your own is Barney's BARE version without sugar or salt.

Not but 10 min after eating the almond butter I have a blister like rash on my chin. So I take a closer look and it says there is possible contact with soy and peanuts in the almond butter, and also Palm oil.

It *could* be the almond butter but it could be totally unrelated. The only way to tell unfortunately is to try again once the rash has subsided... 

With regard to the warning re cross contamination with peanut, soy & palm oil this is required by law to safeguard those with sever allergies suffering a reaction from cross contaminated products. If they are not listed in the ingredients then you are good to go.

As for sugar, a quick google tells me that Justin's Classic Almond butter contains none.

Please note however that nuts & nut butters are recommended to be eaten in moderation, with a limit of a closed handful of nuts every other day max - they can be pretty hard on the digestive system, they're a poor fat source, and can become a food without brakes for a lorra lorra folk - you maybe wanna not go nuts with the nuts  ;)

Check the labels but I think in addition to peanut and soy contact, that there is also sugar in that peanut butter. The only one that I think is OK unless you make your own is Barney's BARE version without sugar or salt.

This is inaccurate. Justin's classic and the Kirklands brand have no added sugar. If you are diligent in reading labels, you'll find many compliant almond butters. However, they should still be used in moderation

• Administrators

This is inaccurate. Justin's classic and the Kirklands brand have no added sugar. If you are diligent in reading labels, you'll find many compliant almond butters. However, they should still be used in moderation

Not necessarily, Karen. We encourage everyone to check the labels on the exact product that they are intending to buy. Formulations change across regions and manufacturers change their recipes without warning.  

Archived