Weekend Problems

baltomom86

Good morning all,

I don't know about you, but I have a much harder time complying with The Whole30 meal plan during the weekend rather than the regular week. During the week I have a schedule and I am more or less able to eat around my set schedule. On the weekend however, I'm always running around and things change so often. Therefore my eating habits are different as well. As a result I eat tons of Whole30 junk food like nuts and fruit. This is my 20th day into the program and I feel like I am not see the full results, because even though I am sticking to compliant foods, I am not making the most of the 30 days.

How do you all get through the weekend? I would really love any tips or advice that anyone has!

I'd say breakfast is key.

If you start out the day with a good template meal you're more likely to continue well, and less likely to be 'snacky' because you won't be playing catch up. Plus that breakfast will hold you until such times as you can get to your next decent meal if you do happen to be out & about, or otherwise engaged.

Id have easy to grab foods ready to go like salmon cakes or I'd have protein salads with whatever veggies I had lying around. 

I don't keep nuts in my house and nut butters got the boot when I realized they were foods without brakes. That makes it a lot less tempting to eat compliant junk. I also made sure I was stocked on already cooked proteins and veggies that I could eat cold or with minimal heating. Breakfasts often had a cut up onion and pepper with eggs and left over taco or burrito bowl meat and guacamole (individual servings from Costco. I ate 2 of them with breakfast regularly). I also have the advantage of having kids to keep me on some semblance of a schedule 

What helped me the most was having a running list of the 3 meals I was eating every day.  I keep updating depending on what I have for leftovers from the previous day. If you have this ready before the weekend starts you will be better prepared knowing what you will be eating at every meal throughout the weekend.

IIf you are on the road a lot on the weekend, you may want to have a variety of grab and go options on hand such as:

Protein: hard boiled eggs, tuna or salmon pouches, Epic bars

Fat:  avocado, olives

Veggies: cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, jicama, bell peppers, baby carrots....  

Good Luck!  

Archived