La Croix

vettecker

I just started reading about Whole 30. I bought the cookbook but was wondering if I can have La Croix sparkling water?  I didn't start the program yet but already cut out Diet Coke, alcohol and sweets which I love over the past 5 days. Very hard first few days but I would like to get started and wondering about sparkling water. Thanks!

Which flavors  are non-compliant? All of the flavors are natural without chemicals, W30 approved.  Are you talking about the cola one, it's natural, too.  It's not available where I live.  Is that the one you're talking about, reminding others too much of diet cola or commercial old cola sodas.  The citrus flavors are far removed from orange crush or the 'dew'.

I use LaCroix to stretch out my booch.  Wonderful.   

• 2 weeks later...

I tried LaCroix and I did not like it.  Not at all.  At some point I think I will go back to one diet coke a day, when I come home from work...I pop the top, pour it into my class, take my first drink and say Ahhhhh.  Diet Coke was the only thing I missed during my January W30.  

27 minutes ago, SWoody said:

Does this (specifically La Croix) give anyone else bubbly tummy?

I've tried all of the flavors. I can report, SWoody,  I don't do well with the citrus ones. They're too acidic for me.  Tangerine, Orange, Lime...anything with the citrus extracts, no can do.  But the coconut and apricot, I can swill those without a problem.  Stick to the milder ones and see if it makes a difference.

They are a smarter choice than diet colas.  No chemicals.  None. Your brain cannot tell the difference between an artificial sweetner and sugar.  Those mess with your pancreas and stop the "side effects" of weight releasing. They'll actually increase insulin resistance, mess with hormones and keep belly fat from being released.

I have an idea for new milder flavors.  They should create an avocado one.  Macadamia nut, and other nut oil flavors. Mild. Maybe even a kale one or EVOO flavor.  Yeah.  I can see it, taste it.

For those who want to kick it UP a notch, how about a jalapeno coconut oil flavor.  A cherry one, too. 

For those who want to kick it UP another few notches.  Spices. Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, basil, sweet potato, carrot....hope they can hear me.  Celery for a palate cleanser. Make some vege LaCroix to go with meals.  Vege and spice/herb combos.  The sky is not the limit.

1 hour ago, MeadowLily said:

I've tried all of the flavors. I can report, SWoody,  I don't do well with the citrus ones. They're too acidic for me.  Tangerine, Orange, Lime...anything with the citrus extracts, no can do.  But the coconut and apricot, I can swill those without a problem.  Stick to the milder ones and see if it makes a difference.

They are a smarter choice than diet colas.  No chemicals.  None. Your brain cannot tell the difference between an artificial sweetner and sugar.  Those mess with your pancreas and stop the "side effects" of weight releasing. They'll actually increase insulin resistance, mess with hormones and keep belly fat from being released.

I have an idea for new milder flavors.  They should create an avocado one.  Macadamia nut, and other nut oil flavors. Mild. Maybe even a kale one or EVOO flavor.  Yeah.  I can see it, taste it.

For those who want to kick it UP a notch, how about a jalapeno coconut oil flavor.  A cherry one, too. 

Thanks!  I have only tried the cherry lime one and noticed it but wasn't sure if it was just starting Whole30 and my body being weird for a few days or if it was the bubbles.  Luckily I don't drink sodas, they make me break out like a maniac but thought La C would be a good substitute for my wine nights :) I'll try the coconut one, thanks!!!

Archived