On day 6 and feeling pretty good today after being exhausted yesterday, but I have NO appetite. Barely ate 3 forkfuls of my lunch and then a few dried apricots (no added sugar, no preservatives - yes I checked) because I didn't want my blood sugar to dip as a result of being unable to eat. I'm also feeling bloated with pressure in my stomach. No constipation though.

Recent meals:

Today: Breakfast - scrambled eggs & an apple; Lunch - a few bites of leftover shakshuka, avocado & dried apricots

Yesterday: Breakfast - scrambled eggs & mango; Lunch - Leftover salmon & courgette and sweet potato latkes; Dinner - Shakshuka

Sunday: Breakfast - scrambled eggs & melon; Lunch - a nakd bar (emergency, late getting home), fried egg & sweet potato hash; Dinner - Salmon, asparagus, new potatoes, & avocado

Do I just wait this out? Am I doing something wrong? Help please! xx

• Administrators

Are you adding fat to all of your meals? I only see avocado listed twice over 9 meals. You also need veggies on the order of 2-3 cups (cooked quantity) in each meal. How many eggs did you eat at your egg meals?

Being exhausted and with no appetite is often a result of undereating which it appears that you are doing.  Lack of appetite followed by undereating begets lack of appetite. 

Don't let all that fruit push veggies off your plate and if you are feeling bloated, you would do to stay away from dried fruits. Using dried fruit to prop up your blood sugar is a short term solution with no long term benefits. If you can try to make your meals match the template (linked below or just google "Whole30 meal template), you'll likely start to feel better. 

Once you are properly composing your meals, if you are not feeling hungry, eat as much around the plate as you can, pack it up and take it with you to eat from again as soon as you feel able (ie, don't wait for the next meal).

Hi @ladyshanny, thanks for responding so quickly! Yeah, I realise now I didn't mention I have been having avocado with almost every meal. My bad! I typically eat 2-3 eggs (not yet had the appetite to attempt at more than that). The Shakshuka I made last night was also a bit of a "kitchen sink" kind of dish - threw in a lot of veggies that were hanging out in our fridge. But I will absolutely have a look at the meal template and make some changes. Thank you again! xx

Archived