justbrooke

I Have a Coconut Allergy... Any Substitution Suggestions?

2 posts in this topic

Greetings, All! 

My life was coconut-heavy before this past January. My first Whole-30 attempt was swimming in coconut, and I couldn't figure out why I was still experiencing lethargy and several other symptoms at seemingly random times yet I felt awesome most of the time; I did not make the coconut connection. Fast forward to this August and I'm revisiting old recipe favorites and new finds- often involving coconut cream :(... does anyone have ideas of how else I might achieve a creamy texture in soups and casseroles? I had thought about blending avocado, but then wondered if the longevity of the dish would then be affected? 

Thanks in advance,

Brooke

2 hours ago, justbrooke said:

Greetings, All! 

My life was coconut-heavy before this past January. My first Whole-30 attempt was swimming in coconut, and I couldn't figure out why I was still experiencing lethargy and several other symptoms at seemingly random times yet I felt awesome most of the time; I did not make the coconut connection. Fast forward to this August and I'm revisiting old recipe favorites and new finds- often involving coconut cream :(... does anyone have ideas of how else I might achieve a creamy texture in soups and casseroles? I had thought about blending avocado, but then wondered if the longevity of the dish would then be affected? 

Thanks in advance,

Brooke

This has been discussed around the forum... go ahead and google 'whole30 coconut allergy' and see what you come up with.  OUtside of that, you would just need to experiment with substitutions.