saying yes

missmary

DAY 28

meal #1. (preWO) spoonful of coconut butter forgot

meal #2. egg bake w/chorizo, mushrooms, sweet potato and spinach. banana. espresso. urm. used sweet potato puree this time. tastes decent but appearance and texture are quite off-putting. ew. may not be able to eat these all week.

meal #3. cabbage rolls (cabbage, onion, celery, ground beef, ghee) in tomato sauce (tomatoes, onion, carrot, red bell pepper, vinegar).

meal #4. GAH! Those cabbage rolls were not enough for dinner last night and not enough again at lunch. went for a second banana for today + almonds, as those are really the only compliant options at this time of the afternoon. -would rather not be snacking, but hungry and irritable isn't a good idea.

meal #5. needed to get somewhere quickly after work, so ate one of the cabbage rolls + a fried egg, some pomegranate/cherry kombucha in sparkling water.

meal #6. finally home and hungry (starving) again, so 1.5 sheets sea snax, an applegate beef hotdog, cherry tomatoes, guac. MAN! am I stumbling through these last few days of my Whole30! hungry like I'm having a growth spurt, messing up my meals...but I'm nothing if not stubborn. I'll finish it out.

WORKOUT #1 - Single Joint Mechanics. One exercise at a time. 2 sets of 10-15 reps (no failure), constant tension, slow...4:4 tempo. all leg movements are single leg movements. I'll come back and report weights and reps postWO.

• Leg Press (10lbs+bar x 15) x 2
  • Rotator Cuff 3lbs x 15, 3 lbs x 10
  • Bridge 2 minutes x 2

WORKOUT #2 (consecutive) - Power and Agility why did I think I would have enough time for this? spent the last 10 minutes in the sauna instead of starting what I couldn't possibly finish.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAY 29

meal #1. Pre-WO. 1/2 packet coconut butter

meal #2. espresso. 3(!) hard boiled eggs, steamed broccoli, cherry tomatoes, 1 piece gourmet grassfed jerky, about 1/3 of a huge sweet potato (roasted and cubed)

meal #3. cabbage rolls, but 3 this time instead of 2. (I am determined to not be hungry today)

meal #4. ground turkey, sauteed with onion, mushrooms, kale, coconut milk & rogan josh seasoning, topped w/cherry tomatoes. pomegranite/cherry kombucha in sparkling water, one brazil nut. 1.5 sheets sea snax.

WORKOUT - Power and Agility

rolling with the massage ball, then KB Practice:

• Waiter's Walks w/12KG x 1e
  • 2-hand Swing w/12KG x 10
  • 1-hand Swing w/12KG x10e
  • (High Pulls w/8KG x 5e) x 2
  • (Snatch w/8KG x 5e) x 2

Jumping:

old school: jump with two feet onto box, repeat, rest to 100 BPM then move on to next.

• 4 risers x 5
  • 5 risers x 5
  • 6 risers x 5
  • 7 risers x 5

couldn't do 8 risers alone, so switched to small box/jump off/big box. managed 3 before someone walked into the room mid-jump #4 causing me to fall. QUESTION OF THE DAY: if missmary is able to jump this high only when no one is watching, did it really happen?

• 4 risers then 8 risers x 3

Agility Circuit

complete 6 repetitions of one letter, alternating directions, then rest to 150 BPM, then next letter then rest to 100 BPM and repeat.

• 'O' (cones in a box shape: run forward to 1st cone, side-shuffle to 2nd cone, backpedal to 3rd cone, side-shuffle to 4th cone)
  • 'N' (cones in a box shape: run forward to 1rst cone, side-shuffle diagonally back to 3rd cone, run forward to 2nd cone, backpedal to 3rd for second rep)
  • 'T' (cones in a 'T' shape: run forward to middle cone, side-shuffle to one side, carioca past middle to opposite side, side-shuffle to middle, backpedal to start)

Medicine Ball Circuit w/12lb ball

complete entire circuit 12/6e, then rest to 150 BPM and repeat. 6 times through

• Overhead Slam
  • Wall Slam (side-to-side)
  • Side-to-Side Overhead Slam

Felt really strong and good in this workout, hoping the mess of the last few days is behind me.

DAY 30

meal #1. Pre-WO. small handful cashews

meal #2. espresso. roasted chicken breast, steamed broccoli, cherry tomatoes, 1/3 of a huge sweet potato (roasted and cubed). nice! I liked this breakfast.

meal #3. ground turkey, sauteed with onion, mushrooms, kale, coconut milk & rogan josh seasoning, topped w/cherry tomatoes.

meal #4. pork chop. saute of kale, onion, apple in ghee with a little apple cider vinegar. pomegranite/cherry kombucha in sparkling water, one brazil nut. 1.5 sheets sea snax.

WORKOUT - BB 5 x 5

rolling with the massage ball then:

• Clean and Press 45, 50, 55, 60(3), 65(3)
  • Squat 45, 95, 115, 135, 155
  • Deadlift 45, 95, 115, 135, 155(2) - strong enough to do 5 of these, but a torn callus from kettlebells was KILLING me, so I stopped at two.

There it is: 30+180 complete.

I spent a long time walking around the track this morning, thinking about this whole30, and I feel really clear that it was a success. I adhered to the plan, of course, but better than that, I think I made some good progress on the psychology of food. I'm starting to finally think of food as fuel for my life (both workouts, and simply functioning well; concentrating, keeping my mood steady, sleeping well, etc.) instead of something I don't deserve or something I would be better off reducing/restricting. I feel really good, and I'm seeing some welcome changes in body composition. I'm getting stronger all the time. I had been a little afraid of the scale this morning--dreading the moment this whole30 would be complete and I would have to face that number, but, although there was a blip of slight disapointment to see a number only 2lbs lower than a month ago...in the end I'm really quite pleased. To lose 2lbs while making strength gains like I've been doing is pretty freaking phenomenal. Especially when you consider that these two pounds are likely not a loss of inflammation or water retention--my diet was pretty good when I started this round, and it's even better now. I am at peace.

over and out.

^Love this! You sound so sorted in your head ifykwim. Hurrah, happy for you, have a transatlantic hug!

I do feel sorted in my head :) . Thank you! and thanks for peeking in my log every once in a while. I don't know what I'll do with my time now that I won't be logging every morsel, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Archived